Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rim damage

Reactions
It's was bound to happen. Was pulling into a parking garage and the turn was pretty tight, I didn't notice the high curb to my right and damaged a rim. My wife said, "thank God it wasn't me". Got a quote for $135 to strip to bare metal, repair the damage, powder coat with a gloss black. Is that the best option or only option? I'd really hate to have one rim look different then the others. Guess it could have been much worse.

66768415032__CE7EF47D-708B-450E-A828-152258FE89EB.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Wife did the same thing but worse. Believe it or not I took a black Sharpie to it and only I was able to notice unless you really look for it, marker fades after a couple months but it worked great. Eventually I plan to buy some touch up paint for a more permanent solution but it has been a wonderful temporary solution.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That really is minor damage. I would probably just do some sanding and use touch up primer then paint.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST Star White
sounds funny but my last few black wheels with stone chips, black nailpolish worked well, had to look for it once dried and cleaned

not sure on curb rash but i found it filled in the grooves and set flush once dry