Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Right Place, Right Time…Got Lucky

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
Hi ST Enthusiasts ! I’m new to the forum, but not to Fords. Yesterday, after visiting 2 other Ford Dealers, looking to take in my wife’s 2017 Explorer Sport, ( and looking at their inventory), we stopped in at a dealership closest to our home, just as the transport was gently unloading a customer ordered ST to the parking lot.
we checked out the Limiteds, XLTs, and even test drove one:cautious:. Our salesman was right, after you’ve owned a Sport, the 2.3L seems a bit anemic.
We brought the XLT back after the test ride, and the salesman, who by the way, was born deep in the last century, like me, stated that the customer who custom ordered the forever to arrive ST —BACKED OUT OF THE SALE.!!! :oops:
I don’t have to tell you the rest. In a NEW YORK SECOND!!
We are just hours away from picking up this Atlas Blue ST Tomorrow.
It’s a pleasure to find this great ST FORUM, I hope I didn’t offend anyone who had to wait for theirs. I never get this lucky normally. Maybe I should go out and snag some lottery tickets or something…
Two things are certain: I probably won’t sleep soundly tonight (like at Christmas Eve as a kid), and this ST is already claimed as my wife’s car….I hope I get to turn the wheel sometime….:giggle:.

Reactions
Congrats! What options does it have?

Reactions
Congrats and welcome to the Forum

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. I too love the Atlas Blue. HaHa

STmtn

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
you sound savvy ... hopefully you put a hard deposit down...;) enjoy and welcome... great info here and good peoples

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats

OP
R

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
Thread Starter #7
Thanks all for the kind replies! The buying part was survivable and actually enjoyed by us. Where else can you plop down your piggy bank and get a really neat ST?
So, I’ll make one correction on my post, the resultant color is actually Infinite Blue Clearcoat. It works, it’s still Blue, I was close.
The options on this pre-ordered by another were pretty close to what I would have done myself:
401A
Class III Trailer Tow Package
ST Street Pack
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+
Premium Technology Package
Premium Sound System
& a Crazy big moon roof setup.…
I know there are some purists and wonderful gearheads out there, but, what came with my ST will work for me…