Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Reverse Braking Assist

Reactions
Just a heads up not forget the Rear Braking Assist if you are using a hitch mount bike rack. I used mine for the first time a few weeks ago with 2 bikes attached and started baking out of my driveway. The Rear Braking Assist slammed on the brakes and I thought I hit a brick wall! Also forgot about it later in the day and the same thing happened again. If nothing else at least I know it works.

Reactions
Thanks for the heads-up.

Reactions
Backing into my garage for the first time ( which is a tight fit)
The rear brake assist locked up solid, I also thought I hit something

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Reactions
After seeing so many complaints like this, I’m a lot less annoyed with having to turn it off every time before I drive.

OP
rckreisher
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
After seeing so many complaints like this, I’m a lot less annoyed with having to turn it off every time before I drive.
Not a complaint on my end just a warning to people, who like me, never gave it a moment of thought.

Reactions
How do you turn this feature off please, it's quite annoying!

OP
rckreisher
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Its in Settings > Vehicle Assist > scroll to bottom Rear Brake Assist

This is from memory but I think it's close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Thank you for your prompt reply, I'll take a look

OP
rckreisher
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I'll double check too when my wife gets back with my Explorer but I think it's close.

Reactions
I'll double check too when my wife gets back with my Explorer but I think it's close.

Found it! Exactly where you said it was. Thank you. Does it go back to default "on" every time you start the truck?

OP
rckreisher
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Yeah that's where I got myself in trouble since I thought I turned it off but it reset to the default on.

Reactions
Yeah that's where I got myself in trouble since I thought I turned it off but it reset to the default on.

That sucks! Oh well, gotta learn to shut it off each time or find a code for it in Forescan

Reactions
Here's the funny thing, at least on my particular vehicle. The Pre-Collision Assist turns back on every time you turn the car on. Strangely, on mine at least, the Reverse Brake Assist does SOMETIMES but not all the time. There have been a few occasions when I started the car after several hours or even overnight, and found that the Reverse Brake Assist was still turned off. Don't ask me why.

hbalek

Reactions
This vehicle has lots of little glitches like that. Sometimes my radio is off when I start the car but I always leave it on. Also last night for the first time in 8 months of driving this ST, my ambient lighting was turned off and I never turned it off. I turned it back on. Let's see if it stays on.

OP
rckreisher
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
I see all these issues and have never had a single issue with anything. Knock on wood.

Reactions
Yeah it definitely has its fair share of glitches, but so did my old car so it’s nothing new to me.