Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Result from dealer service center.

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Hello,
I'm writing this thread to let people know who wrote reply to my previous thread.

Conclusion first, there was several problems with my new ST.
1. The HVAC module need to be changed for seat cooling system.
2. FENDER LINER AND UNDER BODY SHIELDS NOT SECURED, MISSING HARDWARE. INSTALLED NEW CLIPS AND NUTS.
3. Technician told me that break noise is normal sound and he showed me another explorer to let hear me the same brake noise. I was surprise that the annoying noise was same as mine. So I need to accept the noise as a regular sound. He told me that intermittent auto stop is also regular situation.
He was really kind and tried to help me cordially.
4.They told me that they will not charge any fee. But if there is no problem, I need to pay for the diagnosis fee. Actually ordered HVAC was arrived yesterday, so my car is at service center right now.

Thank you for your reply.
Have a good night.

Last edited:

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What annoying brake noise are you hearing?

Auto Start-Stop is intermittent unless you turn it off or you go into Sport Mode.

You do not have to pay a diagnosis fee if you're reporting a first time problem with the vehicle.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have 54k miles on my 2020 ST and no unusual brake noise. Pretty quiet in fact. Been very impressed by the Street pack brakes.

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
What annoying brake noise are you hearing?

Auto Start-Stop is intermittent unless you turn it off or you go into Sport Mode.

You do not have to pay a diagnosis fee if you're reporting a first time problem with the vehicle.
The brake noise from under the pedal with push and release. I cannot hear the noise during driving. But it is comes out when i push and release with try to parking or just p status.

I don't go with sport mode, I had never experience about intermittent auto stop with my previous cars. It was depended on my decision, not depends on the car condition. It's ridiculous.
Thank you.

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
I have 54k miles on my 2020 ST and no unusual brake noise. Pretty quiet in fact. Been very impressed by the Street pack brakes.
How lucky you are you don't need to concern about the noise. The brake noise from under the pedal with push and release. I cannot hear the noise during driving. But it is comes out when i push and release with try to parking or just p status.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
In any case, sounds like your dealer is warning you! If you bring the car in for something you think is wrong, but it ends up being "normal" for the Explorer, they will charge you a diagnostic fee. Next time, post the problem on this forum to ask if it's normal. The manual will actually explain some things that may seem abnormal to you, like the auto start stop.

ShaunJ

Reactions
I believe I get a similar break pedal noise when in park and the brake pedal is pushed it makes a noise and you feel it, so its more than a micro switch. You can feel it in the steering wheel.

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
In any case, sounds like your dealer is warning you! If you bring the car in for something you think is wrong, but it ends up being "normal" for the Explorer, they will charge you a diagnostic fee. Next time, post the problem on this forum to ask if it's normal. The manual will actually explain some things that may seem abnormal to you, like the auto start stop.
Yes it's the same answer that I heard from a dealer before. Thank you for reply.

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
I believe I get a similar break pedal noise when in park and the brake pedal is pushed it makes a noise and you feel it, so its more than a micro switch. You can feel it in the steering wheel.
It's exactly same as my noise and I can feel it in the steering wheel as well. Actually, the technician didn't call it noise, he told me that it is a normal brake sound. Thank you for your reply and I'm glad to hear your pedal noise.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The brake noise from under the pedal with push and release. I cannot hear the noise during driving. But it is comes out when i push and release with try to parking or just p status.

I don't go with sport mode, I had never experience about intermittent auto stop with my previous cars. It was depended on my decision, not depends on the car condition. It's ridiculous.
Thank you.
Never heard that one before about the brakes. I guess as long as the car is braking okay and the mechanic said it was fine, not much else you can do.

On a side note, I had a rattle coming from the back of my ST. Dealer said it was a vibrating fuel line across the top of the fuel tank and applied a fix.

It still does it intermittently, so they checked it again and found nothing. So the noise will have to either get worse or go away, not much else I can do.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
All modern vehicles have this to prevent you from putting the vehicle in gear without applying the brakes. My previous 67' Camaro, not so much.