Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Restraint indicator lamp warning

Reactions
Has anyone received “restraint indicator lamp warning” via Ford app?Drove 2021 ST for a couple of miles and received message on Ford app.

Dentalpain

Reactions
I do...everytime I remote start..never when just pressing the start button. 2021 st
Edit: apparently only sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Dentalpain,great catch.i did remote start when I received alert on the app

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanx4the info.

Reactions
Went to ford..they just hooked it to ids and didn't do shit. I unplugged the main harness under the driver seat and re-seated it several times. The warning has not returned in 1.5 weeks (before it was almost daily)

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Got it thanks,only got it the one time.Have remote started it several times since.good luck.hope yours stays off!

Reactions
Update. Been a month and hasn't returned. Used to happen daily or ever other day. I consider this issue resolved or atleast isolated.

RVST21

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Has anyone received “restraint indicator lamp warning” via Ford app?Drove 2021 ST for a couple of miles and received message on Ford app.
Yes, I have received the same notice a couple of times with in a day or two on the App, after a week of driving the vehicle. I checked the car and the light was not on. So I ignored it and it hasn't happened since. That was about 3 months ago. I will have the dealer check it when I take it in for the 6 month service

hbalek

Reactions
Yes, I have received the same notice a couple of times with in a day or two on the App, after a week of driving the vehicle. I checked the car and the light was not on. So I ignored it and it hasn't happened since. That was about 3 months ago. I will have the dealer check it when I take it in for the 6 month service
I've had so many electronic issues that occur a few times or only once and never again or intermittently. This is the nature of this beast!

Reactions
Update. Wife took it in for a oil change at 5k...and on the way home got all three warnings in the app. I wasnt with her but told her to head back to the dealer and not to turn it off. Literally haven't seen the issue in months...until it rolls into the dealer.

bamxiv

Reactions
Happened to me, brought to dealer and was an error on the rear passenger curtain airbag. Dealer had to remove headliner and fix the wiring.

Reactions
Wife off on a trip to WV. Ford App has been sending alerts all day. She says the second row seatbelt indicator on the dash has a red exclamation mark. She is by herself and nobody is in the second row. Weird...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
My explorer is an xlt. Code comes on randomly and not when remote starting. Mine is in the drivers air bag. Ford has had it for 3 days 2x and cannot replicate it. After last visit they pulled the code off when it came on while driving and I came right in. No word on the resolution from Ford for 2 weeks.

Reactions
I had my 21 ST into Ford yesterday for the Supplemental Restraint Warning. The code found was B1404:13-08 (Drivers side airbag deployment). The following parts were ordered and have since been installed (LB5Z-78611D11B (Module Air Bag) & BU2Z-14S411BMA (Wire Assembly). Error cleared and so far no repeat error.

Bob.W

Reactions
Brought My 21 in into the dealership on Tuesday morning 10/12/12. I was told today they are waiting on a part and the part will not be in until 10/29/21 as it is on back order. I understand things go wrong, but no loaner and I paid a lot of money for this SUV. I shouldn't have wait almost 3 weeks to get my car fixed.