Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Request for some info - undercarriage fasteners

Reactions
Since I got my vehicle back this last Tues eve I've been worried things were missed from the dealer after replacing the engine. What prompted me to shimmy under the vehicle is an odd rattle/grinding noise on hard accelerations (I remember reading about paper rustling noises being the panels under the car being loose). Sadly at the same time I noticed an oil leak, supposedly a brand new engine and it has an oil leak coming from one of the oil pan bolts... ugh! I checked the oil level and it's low as well, just touching the bottom of the mark on the dipstick (not a good sign if it was full when I picked it up).

20220515_110850.jpg

OK, so now for what I'd like someone to check and confirm if there should be fasteners under the vehicle.
20220515_111244.jpg
To me I'm pretty sure there should be a nut/washer combo like on the other one here. This is right by where I have my mudguard installed, it's missing in the same spot on both sides.

20220515_111432.jpg
Fairly certain these are missing as well since you can clearly see the indentations where they should be.
20220515_111548.jpg
This is loose right here too and there is a hole where it looks like there should be a fastener, but they are again missing on both sides and it's hard to tell if there was one there before. There is an indentation like the others, but not as distinct.

If anyone would mind checking on all of this it would be greatly appreciated so I can bring all of this up with the dealer.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Do yourself a favor take the vehicle back to the dealership show the service manager the shitty work the mechanic did … then I would take it to another Ford dealership and let them know how the previous dealership couldn’t complete the task correctly so now you’re coming to them. Then I would get with the district representative for your local Ford dealership and let him know face-to-face you’re not happy with the work that was performed on your vehicle

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Those photos remind me of a recent conversation with my wife. I finished installing a dash cam in her EcoSport. To hide the cable properly required removing the tailgate trim. When I explained that, she asked, “Have any leftover parts?”.

She knows me well. :LOL:

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Push pins on the belly pan.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Do yourself a favor take the vehicle back to the dealership show the service manager the shitty work the mechanic did … then I would take it to another Ford dealership and let them know how the previous dealership couldn’t complete the task correctly so now you’re coming to them. Then I would get with the district representative for your local Ford dealership and let him know face-to-face you’re not happy with the work that was performed on your vehicle
I have gone to several different dealers for warranty work, but for different issues. Kind of weird I even have to say that since I bought my ST brand new. Like wtf. Anyways, I think he should give the dealer who replaced the engine one more chance to get it right, then seek an alternate dealer if things are still not right.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Those photos remind me of a recent conversation with my wife. I finished installing a dash cam in her EcoSport. To hide the cable properly required removing the tailgate trim. When I explained that, she asked, “Have any leftover parts?”.

She knows me well. :LOL:
I always seem to have a screw or two left over along with a loose screw somewhere :D. When I did the whipple I had one screw left over. Couldn't for the life of me figure where it goes.

OP
boosted_st
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I always seem to have a screw or two left over along with a loose screw somewhere :D. When I did the whipple I had one screw left over. Couldn't for the life of me figure where it goes.
When I did my install I used cheap baggies and labeled them with each section I took them off of so I didn't have anything left over :)

I will give the dealer a chance to make this right, it's just sad how poor of a job gets done.

OP
boosted_st
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Push pins on the belly pan.
That's what I figured was missing from that one, the other areas I can't remember if there was anything when I have been under the car in the past.