Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Replacing stock mufflers.

The Truth

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hello, "The Truth" here. All of this "ST" stuff is absolutely new for me! I had no idea there was so much that could be done to & there were so many ST enthusiast!! I've done a few things to my 2023. I just finished installing the Billet aluminum inserts into the rear vertical arms. Really gave me pause, beyond driving & having maintenance done, this type of stuff is all brand new! But regarding replacing stock mufflers. What if you simply want to replace the mufflers a lone, is that possible with the ST??

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hello, "The Truth" here. All of this "ST" stuff is absolutely new for me! I had no idea there was so much that could be done to & there were so many ST enthusiast!! I've done a few things to my 2023. I just finished installing the Billet aluminum inserts into the rear vertical arms. Really gave me pause, beyond driving & having maintenance done, this type of stuff is all brand new! But regarding replacing stock mufflers. What if you simply want to replace the mufflers a lone, is that possible with the ST??
Yes. MRT, MBRP, and Gibson offer axle-back exhausts which just replace the mufflers on these cars. They sound okay, and if you’re just dipping your toe into the aftermarket pool they are a good place to start. MBRP is just a muffler delete so stay away from their axle back because they will drone like crazy.
I haven’t updated this post in a while but this is a good read for beginners to the ST modding game.

https://tntautomobilenews.wordpress.com/2024/03/01/ford-explorer-st-modding-101/

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum.