Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Replacing Front Rotors and Pads.

Reactions
Hey everyone I did a search and couldn’t find if anyone had talked about this before but I need a little help. I am going to be replacing my front rotors and pads with the Power Stop z36 kit. I have standard non street pack calipers(not red)pads and rotors. Any tips or advice anybody had would be greatly appreciated. I’ve done this before on a couple vehicles (2016 Malibu 2001 S10 93 civic) but never an Explorer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks advance

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s a standard brake job.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hey everyone I did a search and couldn’t find if anyone had talked about this before but I need a little help. I am going to be replacing my front rotors and pads with the Power Stop z36 kit. I have standard non street pack calipers(not red)pads and rotors. Any tips or advice anybody had would be greatly appreciated. I’ve done this before on a couple vehicles (2016 Malibu 2001 S10 93 civic) but never an Explorer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks advance
You do know the front rotors will be drilled and slotted while the rears will be plain. I would be too particular to do that.

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
You do know the front rotors will be drilled and slotted while the rears will be plain. I would be too particular to do that.
I do. It’s the route I’m going for now full front rear replacement is the ultimate goal down the road (Caliper rotors pads ect) Does anybody know if service mode necessary for doing the front brakes (Rotors, calipers)? Thanks in advance I wasn’t sure I read a post about a 2021 that had issues replacing front brakes without using service mode.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I do. It’s the route I’m going for now full front rear replacement is the ultimate goal down the road (Caliper rotors pads ect) Does anybody know if service mode necessary for doing the front brakes (Rotors, calipers)? Thanks in advance I wasn’t sure I read a post about a 2021 that had issues replacing front brakes without using service mode.
No service mode needed for front brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
See post #2

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I was wondering about maintenance mode because I had a feeling this was going to happen, but everybody said for the front brakes it wasn’t necessary any other reason this would’ve popped up? Or does anybody know a solution to clearing it? Thanks.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I was wondering about maintenance mode because I had a feeling this was going to happen, but everybody said for the front brakes it wasn’t necessary any other reason this would’ve popped up? Or does anybody know a solution to clearing it? Thanks.
I have never even heard of needing maintenance mode for front brakes on any normal automobile. Unless you put it into maintenance mode there is no way it gets there by itself. I just did big brakes and needed nothing software wise for the front.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I have never even heard of needing maintenance mode for front brakes on any normal automobile. Unless you put it into maintenance mode there is no way it gets there by itself. I just did big brakes and needed nothing software wise for the front.

Because it’s 100% not needed and there’s no way it will put itself into that mode. I can’t see what he’s talking about but maybe he whacked an abs sensor or something.

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
My post was unclear. I thought I attached a picture of what was coming up on the dash. I’ll be sure to double check any of the ABS sensors I don’t believe anything got loose or broken but I’ll double check. Not sure if this matters but I rotated the tires as well. I appreciate the input. I’m definitely learning and any help is appreciated.

Attachments

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
So I was able to get my explorer hooked up to a pretty pricey tool a neighbor of mine had and solved the problem. It had three codes one he thinks related to spinning the rear wheel while it was jacked after the tire rotation. Anyway all good to drive. Thanks for the help and input.