Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Remembering which way to turn the knob for Driving Modes: Normal, Eco, & Sport

KegsBdry

Reactions
When starting up in NORMAL mode, I sometimes forget which way to turn the knob to get into SPORT mode (and vice versa when changing out of SPORT mode). With the delay of the MODE screen, I find myself trying to determine if SPORT mode is 3 clicks to the left or 3 clicks to the right. I end up spinning the knob in different directions until the one I want shows up. Then I tried to think of an easy way to remember Normal, Eco, & Sport.

I'm usually driving in NORMAL (highway), ECO (neighborhood), & SPORT (95% of the time). That's when I came to the idea of N-E-S (NORMAL - ECO - SPORT) or (Nintendo Entertainment System [NES] for easy remembering). [right = clockwise, left = counter-clockwise] If I'm in NORMAL mode, 2 clicks to the right is ECO & 3 clicks to the right is SPORT. If I'm in SPORT mode, 2 clicks to the left is ECO & 3 clicks to the left is NORMAL. NES! Same goes for ECO mode, 2 clicks left (NORMAL) or 2 clicks right (SPORT).

I have it down now and it makes the experience much easier / faster to switch between driving modes. Thought I'd share. I hope this helps others.

Reactions
I love it! NES I only get the luxury of driving the ST on the weekends (told my wife I need my own ST) and I still don't have it down. My wife doesn't like sport mode when I'm driving----- can't imagine why. So now I may have a better concept... right is the way to go.

GBVx

Reactions
I am in eco mode 80% of the time, living in Arlington and DC. Having the car for almost a year I have developed the habit of as soon as I start it, I turn 2 clicks to the right and hit the auto start/stop button with my right thumb at the same time, I dont even realize I do it most of the time.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I am in eco mode 80% of the time, living in Arlington and DC. Having the car for almost a year I have developed the habit of as soon as I start it, I turn 2 clicks to the right and hit the auto start/stop button with my right thumb at the same time, I dont even realize I do it most of the time.

If you are in ECO so much, that must be a REAL change when going to SPORT mode! :ROFLMAO:

Dallas ST

Reactions
Have any of you noticed the drive mode turn wheel is very tight and seemingly is hard to turn? Mine seemed to turn more easily when brand new?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Have any of you noticed the drive mode turn wheel is very tight and seemingly is hard to turn? Mine seemed to turn more easily when brand new?
No change here. Mine spins as fast as it always does.

Reactions
You could also just take a sharpie and mark each notch next to the selector :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Way to much thinking here. Eco and sport to the right everything else is left, how hard is it to remember to go right.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Way to much thinking here. Eco and sport to the right everything else is left, how hard is it to remember to go right.
Your right or my right? :cool: