Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

RED PAINT Flaking off brake calipers already

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Anybody else have issues with their red paint flaking off their calipers. Im sure ford will not do anything for me warranty wise but a bit annoyed as I take great care of my car and use a soft brush to clean the calipers when washing then it started flaking off on two calipers. I'm a bit annoyed since they stand out and should not do that already with 25K on the car...

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I've seen this reported a number of times on the forum. To date, I haven't had that problem but I have put a coating on a couple of times. Mine seem to clean up very well. I would think that there is one manufacturer or another that makes a "Cherry Red" that would be close to the factory color.

Reactions
Having this issue as well on my front passenger side caliper along with clear coat peeling on the wheels. I contacted Ford directly who mentioned the below. I had this chat transcript emailed to my Gmail account just in case I need to use it when taking it in to get fixed. I would suggest you contact Ford directly as well through their online chat feature in case your dealership tries to give you the run around.
"Paint is covered during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (NVLW) 3 years / 36,000 Miles (whichever occurs first) Your warranty start date is 31-December-2019."