Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Red Lens Rear Reflector Bumper Replacements

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
OP
Lewski
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
ex light.jpg

In clear or smoked ,Also does a fancy sequence when you start the vehicle

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Looks interesting. I ordered a set to play with.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
For $60 bucks…I may play around with a set. Lol.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I like the appearance of these, but question whether or not they would be legal, as you may lose the rear reflectors that are required by law, such that if you have no functional rear lights then the reflectors would still be visible at night when headlights shine on them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I like the appearance of these, but question whether or not they would be legal, as you may lose the rear reflectors that are required by law, such that if you have no functional rear lights then the reflectors would still be visible at night when headlights shine on them.
I had no idea that was a thing. I always just assumed car manufacturers used reflectors instead of additional break lights to save money. Either way, I’m willing to take my chances as I doubt this law is enforced very rigorously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just noticed the link doesn't say they’re compatible with 2020 ST. Hmm.

Attachments

Rev_5oh

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I've been looking at these lights. Has anyone picked up a set and installed them?

Reactions
If a following driver is going to miss the ST's bright LED brake lights and the third high mounted LED brake light, these additional lights will not add any safety for your vehicle occupants. If you want to draw attention to your braking vehicle, a flashing third high mounted brake light will provide much more visibility than an additional low mounted brake light. Reflectors are important for visibility when your vehicle is parked at night. Cheers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
If a following driver is going to miss the ST's bright LED brake lights and the third high mounted LED brake light, these additional lights will not add any safety for your vehicle occupants. If you want to draw attention to your braking vehicle, a flashing third high mounted brake light will provide much more visibility than an additional low mounted brake light. Reflectors are important for visibility when your vehicle is parked at night. Cheers.
My other car is a very low sports car, so forget about the top brake light... these would be in my direct line of site. Also, I would think that even though its an actual light, that it would still reflect light when parked. I will let you know when I get it installed, but that will not be soon. I have been stacking parts and am still waiting on my AFE intake, then ready.

GMAN1169

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have set of these but I don't know how to wire them up? I've had these on my 17' Fusion Sport for the past 4 years with no issues. So if anyone is pretty good with the wiring of our tail lights, please chime in! I provided pictures of the wiring of the tail lights and of the lights on my Fusion.

Attachments

bobter3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer W/SAP
I have set of these but I don't know how to wire them up? I've had these on my 17' Fusion Sport for the past 4 years with no issues. So if anyone is pretty good with the wiring of our tail lights, please chime in! I provided pictures of the wiring of the tail lights and of the lights on my Fusion.
No directions? I would suggest wiring into the trailer harness if you have one. I'm not sure I would go into the wiring of the taillights myself.

GMAN1169

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
No directions? I would suggest wiring into the trailer harness if you have one. I'm not sure I would go into the wiring of the taillights myself.
They sent me the wiring directions via email. My Fusion LED bumper lights are wired into my tail lights as well. Here's how they're supposed to be connected:
green wire connects positive taillight running terminal
red wire connects to the positive taillight brake terminal
yellow wire connects to the positive taillight turn signal
black wire connects to any negative wire

So if anyone knows what the wiring scheme is, please let me know.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Had these on my Fusion Sport as well and they were awesome. Did not come with any wiring instructions but luckily someone else who purchased them on Amazon had gone through and checked the wires. Those instructions show three wires and you've got four so just some trial and error would find real quick and be same for both lights right?

Let us know!

GMAN1169

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Had these on my Fusion Sport as well and they were awesome. Did not come with any wiring instructions but luckily someone else who purchased them on Amazon had gone through and checked the wires. Those instructions show three wires and you've got four so just some trial and error would find real quick and be same for both lights right?

Let us know!
Yeah it's weird, the ones on my Fusion Sport has 4 wires but the ones for the Explorer on Amazon has 3. I got mine from Ebay, a seller in China because at the time, I couldn't find them for the Explorer for some reason until after I got mine delivered. So now I just need to know what are the positive/negative wires on the Explorer to get them installed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I’ll probably take mine to a stereo shop and see if they can do it for me. Me and electrical don’t get along. ;-)

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
The wiring info is on the inside of the box under the lid. IMG_1630.jpeg

GMAN1169

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The wiring info is on the inside of the box under the lid. View attachment 18119
Unfortunately, mine didn't have them included. But I think I have a solution for them now? I'll post up when I'm done.

Attachments

GMAN1169

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I wired the bumper lights to the flat 4 trailer hitch location. They work but it disabled my BLIS since it thinks I'm towing. The video file is too big to upload. I'll see if I can trim it.

Luckst2046

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022, Ford, Explorer, ST
Here is what y'all asked for.

Attachments