Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Red Caliper Paint peeling off

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Anyone else experiencing this bullshit?

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD T-Stat

Reactions
Are you using any chemicals or pressure washing them? Mine still looks good

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Are you using any chemicals or pressure washing them? Mine still looks good
Just pressure. Gonna see about warranty.

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD T-Stat

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
It’s only the drivers front. Odd....

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
That's a bummer. Would you get them painted back in red or would you go with another color? any ideas here?

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
That's a bummer. Would you get them painted back in red or would you go with another color? any ideas here?
If they warranty I’ll stay with red. If not I’ll take them to my powder coating guy. Probably go with black to be honest. I’m waiting til Brembo gets in the game.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
If they warranty I’ll stay with red. If not I’ll take them to my powder coating guy. Probably go with black to be honest. I’m waiting til Brembo gets in the game.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions

I don’t think we’re even on Brembo’s radar but there’s another company doing some measuring right now, Rotora. I’ve worked with them in the past and they make very high quality stuff. This truck of mine had 16” front rotors with 8 piston calipers and 15” rear with 6 pistons...it had insane braking.
BC81A036-3B76-4918-9345-504B31629D94.jpeg

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
That works for me also!