Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Reconsidering Explorer ST

Reactions
She thinks explorer is too small, but expedition is too big (for her). I keep thinking I should wait 2 or 3 years and get a lightly used Durango Hellcat for me if I'm gonna spend good money on something for me. Maybe by then an explorer RS will be out, or an upgraded interior with better infotainment, and the red stitching. Maybe they'll eek 450hp out under warranty for the St, it's kind of lame that the non sporty models are as powerful as ST now.
I had a Durango SRT and absolutely loved it. I'd still be driving it if some low-life hadn't stolen it.

I looked into the Hellcat, but they were going for over 100K, and I can't justify that price for a Durango. Being a one year model, I don't see prices coming down any time soon.

New SRTs are in the 70K-80K range, but I paid 55K for my SRT 3 years ago with discounts, and while I loved it, I wasn't going to pay full price, so I decided on ordering an Explorer ST. It's the same size as the Durango and it seems like a great bang for the buck price. A few mods should get me close to the SRT power level.