Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

• Rebadge

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Debadge

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Leave it Stock

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
Yesterday, I got my new front badge installed. Took about two hours so the shop estimate of $250.00 might not have been off by too much. It wasn't too hard just time consuming. The video that I posted it pretty spot on. There are maybe 20 screws and eight push pins that need to come out to remove the front assembly. I would suggest purchasing a push pin removal tool as it really make getting the pins out much easier.
Looks great! Mine are in the process of being made, not sure how long that will take ordered them about a week ago or so.

My plan is to take a dremel with a cut-off wheel to the OEM front emblem.....should be pretty easy, I have no plans to re-use it anyway.

Reactions
Looks great! Mine are in the process of being made, not sure how long that will take ordered them about a week ago or so.

My plan is to take a dremel with a cut-off wheel to the OEM front emblem.....should be pretty easy, I have no plans to re-use it anyway.
You are going to need to reuse the self-threading nuts that attach to the posts on the oval to the grill. They are going to secure the new oval to the backside of the grill though holes in the grill. I was very close to doing what you are talking about but after removing the factory oval, I found that the new one will not stay in place without reusing the factory nuts...Even with double sided adhesive. If you cut off the factory oval, you will regret it because you will have a damaged OE oval and still need to remove the grill in order to get proper fit.

Reactions
Interesting....thanks, I figured some automotive 3M tape would hold it pretty securely since most emblems are held on like that

Reactions
You are welcome. You will see when you get your piece, the backs of the oval do not touch the grill surface, I actually went three layers deep and still didnt touch. If I can help in any way shoot me a DM.

Reactions
You are welcome. You will see when you get your piece, the backs of the oval do not touch the grill surface, I actually went three layers deep and still didnt touch. If I can help in any way shoot me a DM.
Well good to know before I started cutting lol.

I saw something where someone had their wife reach up and use a socket to remove the nuts...my wife has baby hands maybe I'll try that first, but I guess worst case just remove the grille and bite the bullet. Sure as heck not paying 250 to have them put on!

Reactions
Thanks to EG7047 for the help! Got them put on today, wasn't difficult to remove the front bumper at all, had it off and back on within an hour. Back emblem was easy peasy. I went with gloss black with the Ford script and outline of the badge in matte black.

20200415_131249.jpg 20200415_131255.jpg 20200415_131307.jpg

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Reactions
Reactions
It's custom art basically on oem stock which is worth that premium. I am still thinking about how to do mine, specifically thought about doing a red pony on the badge instead of the ford emblem.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Removing all the top and side screws (L/R fenders & torque) gives you enough space/wiggle room to change out the front emblem without having to fully remove the front bumper. You just need two helpers to hold/support the left & right sides while you work on swapping out the emblem. This method also doesn't require you to unplug any of the sensors, front camera or fog lights (which can be a major pain in the ass). Anyways hope that tip helps anyone looking to swap them out themselves

Attachments

Reactions
I made an in-depth video of the bumper removal today, it will be posted to my YouTube soon and I will link it here.. After a fair amount of internet research I was under the assumption the front decal was made of three pieces and could easy be disassembled... I got the bumper and decal off and that is 100% false. Fords damn engineers revised the emblem for the 2020MY. They made this emblem basically bullet proof and I completely destroyed it trying to take it apart to paint. Oh well I guess, hopefully someone will read this post and it will save them the trouble.... and $65 for a new emblem :(

Reactions
For those of you that used the OEMautoart decals from Etsy or Ebay, were you required to drill new holes in the grill? did any of you happen to get a picture of the rear of those emblems ya'll purchased? i'm trying to see if he's using the 2019 emblems to paint and sell.

Reactions
For those of you that used the OEMautoart decals from Etsy or Ebay, were you required to drill new holes in the grill? did any of you happen to get a picture of the rear of those emblems ya'll purchased? i'm trying to see if he's using the 2019 emblems to paint and sell.
Yes, I had to drill the new holes....and to top it off the template they send is wrong. It's nothing to worth about was a 2 minute process to drill it.

Reactions
Yes, I had to drill the new holes....and to top it off the template they send is wrong. It's nothing to worth about was a 2 minute process to drill it.
Good to know, that tells me I was correct in thinking they are using the previous body styles badge as it is fairly easy to disassemble with a Dremel, paint and reassemble... having said that, if there is enough interest I would be down to make these for anyone on the forum, I'd have to run some numbers but i'm sure I could cut Etsy/Ebay's prices nearly by at least 20% maybe more.

Reactions
Here’s the finished rear badge for mine! Probably going to redo it in the future but for now and 1/5th the cost of OEMautoart I’m happy with the result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TooTall

Reactions
I have changed the rear to a matte black but havent done the front. Can you please post pictures on how to get access to the front? That would be helpful for all.
Yes! Please! I cannot get the front one off. I’ve been going through the slots above the license plate with long ratchet but can’t really move to twist :-(

Reactions
Yes! Please! I cannot get the front one off. I’ve been going through the slots above the license plate with long ratchet but can’t really move to twist :-(
You need to remove the front bumper. It's not difficult there's a video on here. I had mine off and the new emblem on and bumper back on within an hour.

TooTall

Reactions
You need to remove the front bumper. It's not difficult there's a video on here. I had mine off and the new emblem on and bumper back on within an hour.
I appreciate it...I actually saw that post right after posting...already ordered a push pin removal tool