Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Windows seem loose?

Eiksitr

Reactions
Hello everyone!
I just had my ST at the dealership to replace the window switches, and had them look at my rear windows as well. The issue I have is that the windows shake and rattle if I have them open In any position other then fully up or down. I was told that they are in the track correctly and that they appear to be operating normally. They said they didn’t have any explorers on The lot to test the rear windows on when I asked how normal it was that I could partially open rear windows? The front windows don’t have the problem? Has anyone else had this problem or heard of this?
Or can you confirm that your rear windows do not move around when partially open!? Thanks

Reactions
i noticed my rear windows are also quite loose. They are not at the point of rattle but when they`re down you can shift them side to side rather easily.

OP
E

Eiksitr

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Ford guy
I

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
The rear windows on my vehicle are not loose they are just like the front

OP
E

Eiksitr

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
The rear windows on my vehicle are not loose they are just like the front
Thanks Rick
They told me mine are to spec and I told them they can’t be!
I asked them to push it up the chain to Ford
Might try another dealership as well

Denismanace

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Ford Explorer St
Hello everyone!
I just had my ST at the dealership to replace the window switches, and had them look at my rear windows as well. The issue I have is that the windows shake and rattle if I have them open In any position other then fully up or down. I was told that they are in the track correctly and that they appear to be operating normally. They said they didn’t have any explorers on The lot to test the rear windows on when I asked how normal it was that I could partially open rear windows? The front windows don’t have the problem? Has anyone else had this problem or heard of this?
Or can you confirm that your rear windows do not move around when partially open!? Thanks
Hey , I have 22 ST , same thing they rattle, I tried two dealerships and they said it's normal and blah blah blah. It's annoying is what it is.

Explorer ST Posts