Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Wheel Drive

Reactions
Has anyone on here placed an order and/or gotten a build date for a RWD 2022?

My order sheet says “Job 2 Order”. I’m wondering if RWD models won’t be built until job 2. Photo is from before order was officially submitted, I got confirmation from Ford on November 17th. A5262E38-FEB2-4C6A-AA52-21E3D2811CAB.jpeg

Reactions
I placed an order on 12/1 for a RWD ST with only copilot assist+ as an option and haven’t gotten a build date yet either. I don’t see Job 2 on my order sheet though.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Nice. We may be blazing the RWD trail. When I searched autotrader I found ones listed as RWD but it could be listing error.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Just got my 2022 and I wasn't even told this was an option.
Wish I would have known may have made that choice.
I ordered the 400A package and the only option being the 21in wheels.
Truck came in at 51,450 including delivery.

Reactions
They must have started getting built. A local dealer has 4-5 on their site with window stickers available but shows in transit but all of the ones they ordered have all the options and sticker for the mid-$50ks.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
They must have started getting built. A local dealer has 4-5 on their site with window stickers available but shows in transit but all of the ones they ordered have all the options and sticker for the mid-$50ks.
Yeah,
Thats why I custom ordered mine. I didn't want any options except the street pack which was only 995.00.
Before delivery it was 49,800. Which I consider a great deal for what you get.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Yeah,
Thats why I custom ordered mine. I didn't want any options except the street pack which was only 995.00.
Before delivery it was 49,800. Which I consider a great deal for what you get.
I understand that for sure! I wanted a less common color, 401A, and nothing else. That plus the $1000 order incentive swayed the deal. Seeing all these updates has me waiting anxiously.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
I understand that for sure! I wanted a less common color, 401A, and nothing else. That plus the $1000 order incentive swayed the deal. Seeing all these updates has me waiting anxiously.
Yes, I had gotten the 1k incentive plus 500 for first responder cash, but be prepared to pay sticker possibly As was the case for me.
However I did come out ahead 1650 on my trade with the market we are in.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Yes, I had gotten the 1k incentive plus 500 for first responder cash, but be prepared to pay sticker possibly As was the case for me.
However I did come out ahead 1650 on my trade with the market we are in.
I’m getting x plan, no dealer fees or add ons. This dealer has been pretty awesome to work with so far!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Just got my 2022 and I wasn't even told this was an option.
Wish I would have known may have made that choice.
I ordered the 400A package and the only option being the 21in wheels.
Truck came in at 51,450 including delivery.
RWD is not an option, but is standard equipment. 4WD is about a $2K option on 2022 models.

Southern86

Reactions
The "2" is a marker for a private order, a 1 would mean the dealer is ordering for its own inventory to sell.

Reactions
The "2" is a marker for a private order, a 1 would mean the dealer is ordering for its own inventory to sell.
Other way around... 2 is stock and 1 is retail order

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 5.32.12 PM.png

Reactions
Has anyone on here placed an order and/or gotten a build date for a RWD 2022?

My order sheet says “Job 2 Order”. I’m wondering if RWD models won’t be built until job 2. Photo is from before order was officially submitted, I got confirmation from Ford on November 17th. View attachment 9175
Job 1 and Job 2 are just different build dates... job 2 means it was built after a certain date.. so minor refreshes and changes might have taken place

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Yeah I’m guessing that means it will be a while before this one gets built.

Reactions
No not necessarily… Ford is taking precedence for factory orders and the explorers have been getting pulled pretty quickly.

that being said.. it being RWD might push it into the second order bank which usually doesn’t open for a few months. Up here in WNY we don’t order many RWD vehicles that have AWD available so I don’t know first hand on it.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Nice, thanks for sharing the info! I told myself I would prefer if it was delivered after winter, but on the other hand being on these groups is making me want it more! haha

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Nice, thanks for sharing the info! I told myself I would prefer if it was delivered after winter, but on the other hand being on these groups is making me want it more! haha
Yeah just got mine a couple weeks ago and everytime it has to go into the snow and salt i freak out. LOL...