Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Hatch

Reactions
Anyone experience the rear hatch not fully opening? Twice so far my hatch hasn’t fully extended upwards when opened. First time it opened about half way and stopped. Second time a little less than half way. Just curious if someone else experienced the same?

Reactions
It can be set to open at different heights. Perhaps try to reset?

Reactions
@ST-Princess is correct you can adjust it to any height you want. Just left the gate to the desired height then press and hold the tailgate button until you hear a beep. Then the new height is set.

OP
Johnnyo4273
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Understood that this is a feature. My scenario is a little different though. It has always been set to fully extend which is what I want. The two times it didn’t fully extend the cargo area wasn’t accessible. Luckily It has only happened those two times. Good to know that this is a option though.

Reactions
Understood that this is a feature. My scenario is a little different though. It has always been set to fully extend which is what I want. The two times it didn’t fully extend the cargo area wasn’t accessible. Luckily It has only happened those two times. Good to know that this is a option though.
perhaps you hit the hatch button on the key fob by accident while it was opening?

OP
Johnnyo4273
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
perhaps you hit the hatch button on the key fob by accident while it was opening?
That is a possibility. Probably user error. It’s been working flawlessly Lately.

Reactions
Mine does this intermittently as well

Reactions
Mine did it once and never again.

Piper9t3

Reactions
I have had this happen to me as well. Only opens about half way at random times? Nice to know there is a setting feature for the rear hatch. Gonna reset it and hopefully that solves the problem....

JustinST

Reactions
This just happened to me for the first time today.. stopped halfway for no apparent reason.. had to close then open again to put my groceries in.

Piper9t3

Reactions
I used the set feature on the rear hatch (set to the highest setting) and so far so good...haven't had a halfway stop since....

Reactions
i have had this happen when using the foot sensor every so often. the key fob and button on hatch has never produced it for me. i also have issues with the hatch opening and closing itself and i believe that the sensor is just way to sensitive. likely causing the "half way open" issue as well. My theory anyways. I do have this on video and showed it to my dealer but Ford doesn't have a solution so they couldn't do anything or were unwilling to try to do anything.