Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear ford emblem removal

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Does anyone have a good video on removing the rear ford emblem? Some reason can’t find a good video on this. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It is held on with doublesided tape and two pins. I used a trim tool to get under the edge and start prying working my way around. Heat helps if the tape is really stuck. Once the tape starts to let go the pins will pop out. On mine there was a tiny but of deformation around one of the pin holes such that I used a dowel and tapped it down.

Ricky

Reactions
Trim tool and Dental floss. Makes it easy to get behind the emblem and separate the tape without prying on the panel. Just work the Dental floss around the emblem and it will pop right off.

OP
N
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
It is held on with doublesided tape and two pins. I used a trim tool to get under the edge and start prying working my way around. Heat helps if the tape is really stuck. Once the tape starts to let go the pins will pop out. On mine there was a tiny but of deformation around one of the pin holes such that I used a dowel and tapped it down.
Thank you so much!

OP
N
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Trim tool and Dental floss. Makes it easy to get behind the emblem and separate the tape without prying on the panel. Just work the Dental floss around the emblem and it will pop right off.
Thank you for the information.

Reactions
Does anyone have a good video on removing the rear ford emblem? Some reason can’t find a good video on this. Thank you

I used the replacement emblem to mark on the existing emblem where those two posts are. Then ran a drillbit through the emblem to liberate the posts. Then used a heat gun and floss, followed by 3m Adhesive remover to clean up. The downside of that is every now and then when opening my hatch I hear a post rolling around in the hatch. But was a simple task.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I bought the black Ford emblems from Whoosh (who is awesome). The instructions that came with it want me to pull all the trim on the inside of the lift gate, and push it out from the inside. You still need the heat gun to loosen the adhesive.

Reactions
The downside of that is every now and then when opening my hatch I hear a post rolling around in the hatch. But was a simple task.
I like your idea, as I had to pull much harder than I was comfortable with to get the emblem off because of the metal clips (I had already heated up the emblem quite a bit with a heat gun).

You should consider fishing the post pieces out. The interior hatch trim panels just pop right off with no tools and like 3 minutes or so of work. I know this because when I pulled my OE emblem off one of the clips fell in on he hole and inside the hatch. I was swearing at myself for letting that happen, but then only had to spend all of like 10 minutes popping the trim panels off, retrieving the clip and popping the panels back on.