Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FND Rear Fog Lamps (2020/2021 ST Part)

Rescue51

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Looking for:

1. Right & Left Side (REAR FOG LAMP ASSEMBLY) QTY 2
I believe the Part Numbers are: LB5B-15K273-AC & LB5B-15K272-AC
2. Prefer New
3. Shipping

Foglamp.png
Update: Reached out to Discount Ford Performance Parts, Lincoln Accessories | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com) better pricing than others...
Placed the order with them and they also updated me with the new part Numbers:
LB5Z-15200-B
Lamp Assembly Fog LEFT Rear (BACKORDERED 4-8 WEEKS)
LB5Z-15200-A
Lamp Assembly Fog RIGHT Rear (2-3 BUSINESS DAYS)

Last edited:

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Looking for:

2. Prefer New
3. Shipping

View attachment 16884
Update: Reached out to Discount Ford Performance Parts, Lincoln Accessories | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com) better pricing than others...
LB5Z-15200-B
LB5Z-15200-A
Any salvage yard could probably get these for you. I did think the name of this part would be more like rear safety reflectors.

OP
Rescue51

Rescue51

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Any salvage yard could probably get these for you. I did think the name of this part would be more like rear safety reflectors.
Thanks for the response... These have LEDs in the reflector and are considered Rear Fog Lights... not the normal red safety reflectors that are currently on my ST
mostly used in Europe...

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thanks for the response... These have LEDs in the reflector and are considered Rear Fog Lights... not the normal red safety reflectors that are currently on my ST
mostly used in Europe...
That is interesting. Would you also need to run a source of power to them?

OP
Rescue51

Rescue51

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
That is interesting. Would you also need to run a source of power to them?
Yes, However supposedly they come with the connectors and wires (Jumper cable) maybe a plug and play - if not direct wire....
I did this previously to my Jeep GC swapped out the rear reflectors for the rear fog lamp/reflector combo

OP
Rescue51

Rescue51

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Why not just turn on your tail lights?
Definitely additional lights for the rear safety

Reactions
Definitely additional lights for the rear safety
Okay, but the number of times that you would need them is likely very low. Hazards at the time are sufficient to ensure people will see you. I wouldn't be happy following someone with extra bright tail lights.

OP
Rescue51

Rescue51

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Okay, but the number of times that you would need them is likely very low. Hazards at the time are sufficient to ensure people will see you. I wouldn't be happy following someone with extra bright tail lights.
BT, The ones I had on my JEEP GC were same if not a little less bright than the regular tail lights - Do not think that these will be any different -
In reality this would be no different than putting reflective chevrons on the tailgate... (Which may also be a consideration)
trooper.jpg

Hard to find a 2020-2023 but here's an aftermarket example for a 2011-2015 Model
2011_2015.jpg

After some digging found a 2020-2023 with the rear fog lights (Highlighted) they are a direct replacement - looks like 3 LEDs
per side - and reflector...

2020-2023_EX.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
I had a rear fog light on my Jag I thought it was weird but they are big in Europe..... Ironically I did not have front fog lights.....

Reactions
I had a rear fog light on my Jag I thought it was weird but they are big in Europe..... Ironically I did not have front fog lights.....
I am still not convinced, but Europe generally has a much better road safety record than the US and Canada. Front fog lights are nowhere near as effective with the headlights on (full or DRL), so not having them on the front really doesn't surprise me. Cheers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Looking for:

2. Prefer New
3. Shipping

View attachment 16884
LB5Z-15200-B
LB5Z-15200-A
Did you order the parts and receive both sides?

Here's the message I received when I ordered (different dealer):

Unfortunately a part, or parts, on this order are unavailable from the manufacturer.
The unavailable item is: LB5Z15200B

OP
Rescue51

Rescue51

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
Hey there Ataraxia... So Yes I did order the parts and received both sides... However, only one side (Drivers Side rear) has LEDs
the other side is similar in design but no LEDs and missing/sealed connection for prongs....

That being said I am seeing 2020-2023 NON-OEM rear LED fog lights being sold on ebay and such...(see pics) and
actuall this is what I was looking for in the first place - Hoping FORD / OEM would be what I needed... oh well

2022RFL.jpg

Reactions
Hey there Ataraxia... So Yes I did order the parts and received both sides... However, only one side (Drivers Side rear) has LEDs
the other side is similar in design but no LEDs and missing/sealed connection for prongs....

That being said I am seeing 2020-2023 NON-OEM rear LED fog lights being sold on ebay and such...(see pics) and
actuall this is what I was looking for in the first place - Hoping FORD / OEM would be what I needed... oh well

View attachment 17506
Maybe the picture is not doing the rear fog lights justice, but I am unclear how those LED strips would be more visible than just turning on the taillights.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Maybe the picture is not doing the rear fog lights justice, but I am unclear how those LED strips would be more visible than just turning on the taillights.
Can't speak for Rescue51 but I'm interested in a rear fog light because they're great in low-visibility situations when running lights are not bright enough. As you likely know, rear fog lights are commonly used in European countries.

I'm not sure these lights are the solution but the OE parts are worth the evaluation. Not sure if the eBay lights are the solution for me. Rear fogs are typically a similar brightness to a brake light - used only in low-light situations where making your vehicle is visible is important (fog, heavy rain, snow storms, or some combination of these). I've owned several vehicles with them and find them very useful.

Reactions
Can't speak for Rescue51 but I'm interested in a rear fog light because they're great in low-visibility situations when running lights are not bright enough. As you likely know, rear fog lights are commonly used in European countries.

I'm not sure these lights are the solution but the OE parts are worth the evaluation. Not sure if the eBay lights are the solution for me. Rear fogs are typically a similar brightness to a brake light - used only in low-light situations where making your vehicle is visible is important (fog, heavy rain, snow storms, or some combination of these). I've owned several vehicles with them and find them very useful.
Giving the impression that you are braking in foggy or low visibility conditions is actually unsafe for all the drivers around you. I would be very uncomfortably following a vehicle with brights on the rear constantly. Turning on your hazard lights when necessary would be better as drivers following would know what they mean, rather than steady bright red lights. Just my two cents.

OP
Rescue51

Rescue51

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #18
Big T, these would be in addition to the brake lights...not a substitution, but an addition.

The lights themselves (Ebay) are no brighter than the tailights/running lights or (if wired up) as bright as the brake lights too.

I'd rather have extra lights in this area than reflectors, As I said I was hoping the OEM would do the trick
but the fact that it is only LEDs on one side and not both doesn't do it for me.

Reactions
Big T, these would be in addition to the brake lights...not a substitution, but an addition.

The lights themselves (Ebay) are no brighter than the tailights/running lights or (if wired up) as bright as the brake lights too.

I'd rather have extra lights in this area than reflectors, As I said I was hoping the OEM would do the trick
but the fact that it is only LEDs on one side and not both doesn't do it for me.
I generally understand that these are additional lights, but some have said they are as bright as brake lights and you have said they are like the tail lights or could be as bright as brake lights. Brights to the back are very bad for the drivers following your vehicle. If they thought you were braking, that could force the following vehicle to brake suddenly and in foggy conditions that could lead to a collision. To each their own. I understand the desire to make your ride as safe as possible, but if it is counter to local customs it may not be understood and could create confusion, which is never good while driving. Many drivers have difficulty just finding the accelerator and brake pedals. Cheers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

This actually explains the difference in price between the two OEM units - it's fairly common that only the left side is a rear fog lamp (easier to distinguish a rear fog lamp vs. brake lights).

Giving the impression that you are braking in foggy or low visibility conditions is actually unsafe for all the drivers around you. I would be very uncomfortably following a vehicle with brights on the rear constantly. Turning on your hazard lights when necessary would be better as drivers following would know what they mean, rather than steady bright red lights. Just my two cents.
Giving the impression that you are braking in foggy or low visibility conditions is actually unsafe for all the drivers around you - 100% disagree - it indicates to the person behind me that they need to increase their following distance and provides an indicator of my position on the road during inclement weather. In my experience, people get very skittish when driving in nasty weather and tend to panic brake, change lanes more than they should, and pay less attention to their speed.

I would be very uncomfortably following a vehicle with brights on the rear constantly. - If you're uncomfortable following someone with what you believe to be brake lights - you're following too closely because you're not confident you can stop in time. That's the textbook definition of 'following too closely'.

Turning on your hazard lights when necessary would be better as drivers following would know what they mean, rather than steady bright red lights. - They both work - I prefer rear fogs and if someone thinks they're brake lights - they'll back off.

The goal (for me) is to increase visibility during inclement weather and they work great.