Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear end damage

Reactions
I didnt see the tailgate dent before, sounds like you need to make sure frame is not bent, I hate people who drive w/no insurance, he should be exectued

OP
IconicSTallion
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
So now the vehicle won’t start certain times and when it does start it won’t let me switch the gear from park to drive. Waited 1 hour for a tow service who was looking for the fuel rest switch and ended up breaking a inside door plastic floor panel and another 1.5 hours for a tow truck that couldn’t tow a 4wd vehicle. Finally by some miracle the vehicle started up and let me switch gears to drive home. Very stressful weekend.

Last edited:

BSweet804

Reactions
Can you share any updates on your repairs? I was hit last weekend and have similar damage. Are your sensors messed up? My repair shop can’t even look at it until 2/22. Same scenario…. “Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.” I plan on getting a tow hitch so next time someone can run into that instead. Seems fair.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
They sprayed that expanding foam stuff in all sorts of places, I first noticed it at the rear of the front fenders when I had a front door open. You can probably poke it back behind the panel it fell out of.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Can you share any updates on your repairs? I was hit last weekend and have similar damage. Are your sensors messed up? My repair shop can’t even look at it until 2/22. Same scenario…. “Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.” I plan on getting a tow hitch so next time someone can run into that instead. Seems fair.
Wouldn’t using that hitch have more potential for serious frame issues? I don’t know but if the force is all going into one point central to the vehicle frame I’d imagine worse frame damage. At least in this case the force spreads out and wouldn’t affect each component as bad. Obviously more to replace, but less catastrophic.

Reactions
someone on one of the Facebook groups posted about a read end explosion/failure recently