Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Creak Noise

Reactions
About a month ago I installed H&R Springs and Steeda Rear Sway bar.

A few days ago I started hearing a creak from the rear when accelerating from a stop when turning. It happens when turning left and right and seam to be more pronounced when on a slight incline. My inclination is its the sway bar since I can't hear it when accelerating from a stop and going straight.

Am I right in my thinking? If so, is it the bushings making the noise? Or something else? I used the whole tube that Steeda provides between the two bushing when I installed it. Is there a better lubricant to use?

Thanks.

Reactions
About a month ago I installed H&R Springs and Steeda Rear Sway bar.

A few days ago I started hearing a creak from the rear when accelerating from a stop when turning. It happens when turning left and right and seam to be more pronounced when on a slight incline. My inclination is its the sway bar since I can't hear it when accelerating from a stop and going straight.

Am I right in my thinking? If so, is it the bushings making the noise? Or something else? I used the whole tube that Steeda provides between the two bushing when I installed it. Is there a better lubricant to use?

Thanks.
Mine squeaks as well. Took to my shop and the diagnosis is the bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Mine squeaks as well. Took to my shop and the diagnosis is the bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Guess Ill pull it off and re-grease it. What grease do I get?