Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear climate/heated seat controls

Bobisbad

Reactions
Vehicle
2008 IS350
I wanted to see if how everyone elses experience with getting these modules installed has been. I was notified on December 20th (approximately months after delivery of the vehicle) that the parts were available for my 2022 Explorer ST rear seat climate controls and to schedule with my local dealer for the service. I called up the local dealer (not where i bought the car) and tols them i received the notification. I took the first available appointment they had, which was today (Jan 18th) and brought the car in for the service to be done. About 3 hours later, I receive a phone call from the dealer saying that they inspected the vehicle and dont have the parts on hand and have to order them AND that the parts are backordered.

I'm not buying their story right now, I've had this service scheduled for almost a month to the day. My first thought is why didn't they order the parts when they scheduled the appointment? They never asked for my program number when they scheduled the service and stated that they wouldn't know what parts they needed to get until they inspected the vehicle.

I wasted 2 hours this morning and was late to work for nothing. Has anyone had the same experience or is this dealer completely incompetent?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That would totally be the dealers fault. Shame on them.

Reactions
I have a 22 ST also. Rear controls were deleted at factory. I purchased it online from Sunrise Ford in CA. Total cost was 69.59 including shipping. I received in a weeks time and installed it myself in less than 10 minutes. Wiring is already prepped. Remove rear center console cover, remove a few screws, put it in place, plug it in, replace a few screws, replace rear center console cover. This is not worth a visit and wait at a dealership. I'm sure they will say it takes a few hours!

voodothatido4u

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I had the same thing happen here in the Springfield, Mo. area. They own two dealerships, so you have to drive further if you don't want to buy from them. Thanks to a member on here, I was able to get the part and it is a 10 minute job as stated. I try and stay away from a dealer as much as possible because many of the service jobs, like oil changes, filters, tire rotations I can do myself even in my 70's. Thanks to our forum here and the internet. partforac.jpeg

Reactions
I read your post mycbtech, I wasn't going to try to get it for free because I was already given a $100 credit on my window sticker for the deleted rear climate control. I purchased it on my own for less $$ and am sure I did a quicker and possibly better install than a dealership. Thanks anyway.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I read your post mycbtech, I wasn't going to try to get it for free because I was already given a $100 credit on my window sticker for the deleted rear climate control. I purchased it on my own for less $$ and am sure I did a quicker and possibly better install than a dealership. Thanks anyway.
my comment was for @Bobisbad ;)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Got mine put in at the dealer today. Took about 30 minutes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I also received a notice in December that replacement parts were now available. I immediately contacted my dealer's service department who said they would order the part and advise me upon arrival.

One month later, not hearing from the dealer, i called but couldn't get a response.so I called Ford Customer Service. I explained what had happened and provided my VIN. I was put on hold for a few minutes while the Customer Service rep contacted my dealer's service department, arranging for an appointment. I was then connected to the service rep to confirm the appointment approx 2 weeks out. The service rep said the parts were not ordered as I was told in December. I asked the service dept if they would have the part for my appointemnt. The rep said no, the purpose for the appointment was to inspect the vehicle in order to make sure I needed the part, upon confrimation they would order the part and I would need to re-schedule to have the controller installed. i told the rep this made no sense as you sold me the car, the sticker showed the part missing , I signed a doc that verified that it was missing and would be installed in 6-9 months and you have the service records so you know it is not on the vehicle. He told me this was a Ford requirement.

The next day I contacted Ford Customer Service, provided my case number and my concern with the prior day's conversation. The rep said they handle this as they would handle a warranty repair so it was requirred that the vehicle be inspected. Had the same discussion with the rep I had with the dealer, except the rep said they needed to also verify that the part was not already installed.
I called another dealer who immediately said they would order the part and install it (without an inspection).. Six weeks later, the ST is still waiting for parts that are now on backorder.

I just received a recall notice to re-program the rear camera to fix the "blue screen". Hope I don't have a have a pre-inspection to verify that the vehicle has a rear camera.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
When I called about it, they also told me I needed to bring the car in. So I drove it in and talked to a service rep in person. He didn't even look at the car, but did order the part. The part arrived about a week later. When I called about making an appointment, they tried to tell me they needed me to leave the car with them all day. I told them it was a 10 minute job, so that made no sense. Eventually they agreed that it would take less than an hour, so I brought it in and it ended up taking about 30 minutes.