Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear camera recall.

Reactions
Took my 2020 ST in for the 36K maintenance and Recall issues. The door switches sharp chrome tip replacement, 22N17 Recall, was not a problem, but the Rear camera Recall 23S23 was not completed due to software upgrade not completed because of errors. Service advisor stated they are waiting for a patch to remedy the software errors. This problem is present on two other STs they were trying to install the Recall 23S23 on. I was told the fix should be available next week because Ford is working on this software error. I wonder what is going on, are the technicians struggling with this new software upgrade procedure or is Ford really trying to push this recall out too early.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford updated the software on mine about a month ago. Did it at my house with no issues. Got the recall notice to get the camera replaced this week. Waiting for a while to take it in as I'm not having the blue screen issue.

OP
ST Grey
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I'm not getting the blue screen either, but the service advisor said errors were preventing the new software from loading with the new rear camera that is still working ok anyway. I never had a blue screen problem ever.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I got the notice last week saying they now have parts for corrective action. Not going to do it until I hear it actually does fix things. Isn't this their 4th go around??

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I got the notice last week saying they now have parts for corrective action. Not going to do it until I hear it actually does fix things. Isn't this their 4th go around??
I'm doing the same.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Local dealer came to my house and completed the recall. It took about 2 hours toto check the hardware and re-program.

Reactions
Local dealer came to my house and completed the recall. It took about 2 hours toto check the hardware and re-program.
Your dealer makes house calls? I'm in the Charlotte area as well. Looking to switch dealers because....well.. my current one SUCKS.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Your dealer makes house calls? I'm in the Charlotte area as well. Looking to switch dealers because....well.. my current one SUCKS.
Capital Ford in Charlotte. They recently started a mobile/pickup service for warranty issues. I was very persistent so that probably helped.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did they need to replace any of the hardware or is this a firmware fix?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Did they need to replace any of the hardware or is this a firmware fix?
When the dealer came to my house it was a software update only. Sitting on the recall for the hardware replacement for now.

Reactions
My dealer replaced the camera and pig tail.
As well as software update.
They also replaced a leaking shock but failed to use proper jack points. Damaged 4 spots underneath. Bummer.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
My dealer replaced the camera and pig tail.
As well as software update.
They also replaced a leaking shock but failed to use proper jack points. Damaged 4 spots underneath. Bummer.
My dealer's shop also lifted my ST improperly and I told them this was a common issue mentioned on this forum. Dealer has their own body shop and fixed me up right away. Looked good as new when completed. Service advisor informed me that most people wouldn't have noticed, only us folks that are members of this type of forum that discuss issues. She didn't say it in a negative way, so I was kind of surprised actually.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
23S23/23V342 still shows "no remedy yet available" on Ford recall site for me. At this point I'm willing to drop $$$$ for a working aftermarket system just to get the BoD to disappear. The lowest supplier bid system they use to source parts needs an overhaul in QA. Put the supplier(s) on blast or get us an upgrade already. There's no reason the highest selling SUV in the US market can be allowed to still sell like this.

Reactions
I haven't seen the blue screen in a while, been about 8 months since last time I saw it. It's also my DD.

Not sure if its cold related or a coincidence but last time I got it was when under 40 degrees

OP
ST Grey
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
I returned to the Ford dealership for the completion of the rear camera recall, software update, and everything checked out fine. Never had a blue screen problem and I hope it stays that way.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I had dealer check this off the list with a laundry list of TSB's that have been bugging me. It's a hardware fix now, they replace the camera and a pigtail. Had the issue a couple times over the last year but was never huge problem like its been for some members.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Wow...thats a great read lol. Good thing I didn't see this before buying!
Ya Its enough to say no more transition to the 2025 ST.....seriously sad..........just look how far ahead GM is with the 2025 Tahoe RST