Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rattling

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey All,
I just developed a rattle from the flimsy plastic driver's seat border at the bottom where the seat adjustment controls are.
Any experience with that and/or any fixes?
Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Not a rattle for me but the outer cover piece is loose and I'll need to get that fixed.

NeverSatisfied

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Take it off and apply some CCF to the back side of the panel. Get some cloth tape and apply a layer where any pins are. Pay particular attention to where the rattle is emanating. It will no longer rattle once it's treated.

hbalek

Reactions
Take it off and apply some CCF to the back side of the panel. Get some cloth tape and apply a layer where any pins are. Pay particular attention to where the rattle is emanating. It will no longer rattle once it's treated.
Mine was replaced about a year ago after it broke. It's broken again and out of warranty. It seems Ford didn't redesign the part so no point in paying my $100 deductible only to have it break again. So I used black gaffer tape to keep it together.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Ok, thanks! I'll attend to that.
Pretty weak point in that price vehicle!