Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rattling noise coming from underneath new Explorer ST!

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
These are pics of my left side flex pipe that was recently installed by the service department under warranty. IMG_20230723_181059427.jpg IMG_20230723_181053027.jpg

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Here's two vids of a Ford mechanic dealing with the flex pipe rattling issue.

In the first vid he's diagnosing the problem and ordering new parts, in the second vid he's making the repairs.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Here's two vids of a Ford mechanic dealing with the flex pipe rattling issue.

In the first vid he's diagnosing the problem and ordering new parts, in the second vid he's making the repairs.

Did everyone notice how my flex section of the pipe has been moved much more forward?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did everyone notice how my flex section of the pipe has been moved much more forward?
Good point. That is way far forward now. I'm sure there is reason for the move. It's too bad your right side wasn't replaced as well; for me, that flex section failed first despite the left side rattling more.

Insite986

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
for me, long before the rattling this manifested as exhaust smell in the cabin. was occasional at first, then scary. they replaced the LH and left the RH. the RH started rattling a month later.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Worm clamps were also useless. I ended up ordering a Thermal R&D exhaust that includes mid pipes with their own flex pipes. Excited to get it installed next week when it arrives. Replacing the flex pipes with aftermarket is the only way to go to fix the issue.
Worm clamps = absolute joke of a "fix"