Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rattles and Creaks

Reactions
So I have had my explorer ST for 16 months, Has anyone else noticed the rattles/creaks as they owned their explorer for a year plus? It seems I have something rattling above my head in the drivers seat, the passenger seat is making a noise when no one is sitting in it, and getting something from the cargo area. Not to mention the speaker vibration I get randomly which may be wires in the doors not sure though. I love the car and the drive, but all these noises make it sound like it is older than what it is. I will have to search the forum when I get a min to find some solutions to the noises, but just curious on other experience with them. They are just starting to drive me crazy, especially the passenger seat....every time I hit a bump it makes this rattle sound.

Reactions
Check for left over crumbs, toys, etc... in the door containers/under the seats. I was about to take it into ford until i finally realized it was a crayon my daughter dropped in the door cupholder. That being said, I also have some minor creaks here and there. What you have sounds like loose connections or mounts

OP
Z
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Check for left over crumbs, toys, etc... in the door containers/under the seats. I was about to take it into ford until i finally realized it was a crayon my daughter dropped in the door cupholder. That being said, I also have some minor creaks here and there. What you have sounds like loose connections or mounts
Thanks , I checked for all loose items. The passenger seat seams to be with the lumbar section…I pushed on it while driving over a bumpy road and it stops but when you stop pushing on the lumbar section the noise comes back. It just sucks for such a great vehicle to have these small little noise issues in different spots.

Reactions
10 threads down there is a 5 page thread about this exact topic.

OP
Z
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
10 threads down there is a 5 page thread about this exact topic.
Thanks I just seen as well..I think something is loose in the passenger seat either lumbar components or the massage seat components. Guess to the dealer for that one

OP
Z
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Well in addition to the rattles, My dash gauge screen random flickers now and Im getting a rattle on cold start on the outside (guessing flex pipe)....Not sure how much longer I will hold on to it. It has been a pleasure to drive.....just really getting nervous on the random quality issues

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My noise from the passenger side was due to the loose undercarriage. You may want to look there and tighten bolts.

OP
Z
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
My noise from the passenger side was due to the loose undercarriage. You may want to look there and tighten bolts.
Yeah I been under there , when you tap on the seat it rattles , I turned on the massage seat and it makes odd noises now….assuming something is loose in there. I had my TCU module replaced months ago and now I need to take it in to the dealer for this and my gauge flicker. I love the car but very disappointed that this will be the 7th visit to the dealer for it (including recall trips) only had the vehicle for 15 months with 6k miles on it.