Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rapid Red Thread

Reactions
My last four cars have been gray so it was time for a little color. Got the ST in Rapid Red and can't help smiling every time I get in. It's been just over three weeks and still have that dumbass Kool-aid grin when I get in and start her up. Here is a pic after a bike ride on a beautiful fall day yesterday.

Let's see your Rapid Reds here. Post-em if you got-em.:p
2020-10-11 13.40.41.jpg

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Nice! I do like that color but I went with black myself.

slope

Reactions
Holy crap, I have got to get mine cleaned!!

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Loving Rapid Red as well. Replaced a white Jeep GC I had for years. So much fun.
Great shot with nice backdrop.(y)

Reactions
I see tint, blacked out badges, blacked out ST (looks like full replacement and not overlay?) and is that an exhaust or just tips? Very nice. loving all of these Red STs!!:love:
Those are the OEM auto art badges, I tried the overlays and then just bit the bullet for the painted ones.

Just tips for the exhaust!

F=MA

Reactions
This was a dealer trade trailered in from St Louis with 24 miles complete with seagull crap dripping down the side. I have been taking photos of different colored Explorer St's at my dealer for over a year in various seasons to get an idea of the colors and have photos of five or six different "Rapid Red" ST's that came and went. To date mods include McGuires Ceramic Wax, black lugnuts, bumper plugs, carbon fiber looking trailer hitch cover, Whipple Intercooler, ZFG E50 tune. Still have to install the UPR catch can and hood struts. Purchased exhaust tips like the OHIO guy above but may add an exhaust system with exhaust tips like Borla S type. Waiting for a larger diameter exhaust system to hit the market. Today was about 40 degrees and the vehicle is a beast with that cool air. Pretty sure I was gonna clean a Maserati's clock but then the radar detector went off so never even got started. They were running radar about a mile down the road. IMG_2288.JPG

Latest look...

IMG_6886.JPG IMG_6605.JPG IMG_6431.JPG IMG_6604.JPG
IMG_6602.JPG IMG_0731.JPG

Last edited:
OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
This was a dealer trade trailered in from St Louis with 24 miles complete with seagull crap dripping down the side. I have been taking photos of different colored Explorer St's at my dealer for over a year in various seasons to get an idea of the colors and have photos of five or six different "Rapid Red" ST's that came and went. To date mods include McGuires Ceramic Wax, black lugnuts, bumper plugs, carbon fiber looking trailer hitch cover, Whipple Intercooler, ZFG E50 tune. Still have to install the UPR catch can and hood struts. Purchased exhaust tips like the OHIO guy above but may add an exhaust system with exhaust tips like Borla S type. Waiting for a larger diameter exhaust system to hit the market. Today was about 40 degrees and the vehicle is a beast with that cool air. Pretty sure I was gonna clean a Maserati's clock but then the radar detector went off so never even got started. They were running radar about a mile down the road. View attachment 2277
Nice list of mods, my friend. I thought I was bad with all the research and test drives I did for more than a year. Good to know I'm not the only one that picky about getting the right one. The problem I found with the ST is that it looks damn good in every color.

Reactions
Are these phone camera shots or digital camera? What kind of phone, camera, resolution if so?
Yep, just my note 10+, nothing fancy the car is just super clean lol

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
She is dirty:p but here is another pic...
1604180931558.png

F=MA

Reactions
Yep, just my note 10+, nothing fancy the car is just super clean lol
I have to upgrade my Iphone 6 Plus due to the 5G transistion. An Iphone 10 with 12 megapixel resolution will be kick-ass compared to my current resolution.

Sean R.

Reactions
Just got mine today 20201107_133319.jpg 20201107_191107.jpg 20201107_191032.jpg

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
And it tows my SpyderDen! There's a 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited hidden inside that Pace CargoSport trailer.
2020RRSTExploWTrl.jpg
Pulls like a champ!

ddanwatt

Reactions
Love it! Every vehicle I have owned for 30 yrs has been red. This my favorite! 2E657AC3-981A-428E-9C91-2D7ECD74CD9D.jpeg