Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ramps To Drive Onto In Garage For Oil Changes

F=MA

Reactions
Looking for a good trustworthy ramp to use in the garage to drive onto for ST oil changes. What is everybody else using ??

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Ditto on the RaceRamps. They’re not cheap but they are good ones.

Reactions
Race Ramps are the only ones I’ll use.

I have a set of the two piece 67” version. Works great on everything from my extremely low Trans Am to the ST. Just pull the ramp portion and you have full access from the side for a creeper.

Staggie

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I’ll confirm and agree with race ramps. Light and are perfect. I originally had them for my sons lowered Mini Cooper, but I use them for all vehicles now.

Reactions
Race Ramps are the only ones I’ll use.

I have a set of the two piece 67” version. Works great on everything from my extremely low Trans Am to the ST. Just pull the ramp portion and you have full access from the side for a creeper.
Thanks for info. Bought the one piece 67”. Looks much better than the current ones I have that would slip all the time.

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
You do not need to use a ramp to change the oil. You can suck the oil out the dipstick tube with a manual vacuum pump and change the oil filter from the top of the engine. Imagine that. Just like a BMW M3.

Reactions
You do not need to use a ramp to change the oil. You can suck the oil out the dipstick tube with a manual vacuum pump and change the oil filter from the top of the engine. Imagine that. Just like a BMW M3.
I looked into that as well. Still enjoy crawling under the car and getting dirty.

GTP

Reactions
I use 2T floor jack, 4x4 block, and slotted jack pad, and jack stands. Combine oil change with tire rotation.

Reactions
The angle actually helps empty the tank. I also bought the oil drain plug you can find on this site.

Explorer ST Posts