Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Radio Nanny

NeverSatisfied

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Can the radio nanny be turned off with Forescan? You know the one that won't let you browse a thumb drive if the vehicle is moving.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Can't you just tell it what you want to play? I have found 1 song out of maybe 400 that mine won't voice search.

OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Can't you just tell it what you want to play? I have found 1 song out of maybe 400 that mine won't voice search.
Sometimes, but when I say play so and so, it just shows the albums. I think it complains when you click on it, but it goes through. If I recall correctly. Most of the time, I don't know what I want to listen to and I forget what's on the drive as I change it all the time.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I have no issues browsing a thumb drive while driving.

OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
I have no issues browsing a thumb drive while driving.
Really. As soon as I start moving, the browse option greys out. If I use the arrow to back out, it will take me to the option page (or whatever the main page is called), but won't let me select anything. If I do, it tells me I can't because I'm driving. If someone is in the passenger seat, it asks if I'm the driver or the passenger. The only way around it is to use voice as mentioned above.