Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Quiet Performance Mufflers

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Looking for a set of mufflers I could use to swap out on my Explorer for an inspection. I have the Borla S Type but they may be too loud to pass German inspection. Any recommendations on a good muffler that I could swap out with my Borla as needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Bringing this back from the dead...I also want some quiet mufflers.

Not because I can't handle the louds - but I love being sneaky with this thing...nothing better than smoking a quick car and then telling them it's stock, lol.

Reactions
Bringing this back from the dead...I also want some quiet mufflers.

Not because I can't handle the louds - but I love being sneaky with this thing...nothing better than smoking a quick car and then telling them it's stock, lol.
Exhaust will do very very little for performance, it's sound and looks....so I think stock is the winner there if you want to be stealth.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I was looking for an option to just swap out the rear mufflers. Two sets. Can’t do that with stock mufflers. I would like to recreate just the last section of the Borla exhaust back to the tips with quiet mufflers. Seems feasible to me and 30 mins to swap out when you are looking for quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk