Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Pulled the Trigger

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hello everyone:

I pulled the trigger. This will be our second ST (first one was a company car in Rapid Red). Had been drooling over every ST that drove by, and found this one at the dealer with everything we wanted (except for multicontour seats) and had to pull the trigger. We were under contract for a Expedition Stealth but the dealer dropped the ball, so ended up more happy with an ST. It is an Star White, 401A, Premium Tech (w/o multicontour seats), moonroof, and ST Street Pack. It had only 5 miles when we picked it up, and already have 50 miles since Sunday. Man do I miss the, "Oh shoot that's kind of fast" feeling. Still trying to like the roof rail delete and I can say it's growing on me little by little. Very happy they got rid of that stupid center console and happy that we still have rear controls in this one.

Future Mods are All-weather floor mats, blacked out emblems and lug nuts, light up ST symbol and Ford Performance tune and are going to definitely happen. Really want to get Thermal R&D exhaust, and still deciding if I want lowering springs (still don't know if it's worth it).

Already tinted the windows and have a full front end PPF booked for Friday.

One problem already, is that the left headlight is fogging up. We've had really harsh weather in Northern Nevada (we got 18 IN. of snow) so that probably affected something when it was sitting on the lot.

I'm extremely excited about having an ST and can't wait for more years to come!

On the lot
20230108_143349.jpg
First night in the garage (tight fit with the Raptor in there)
20230108_203725.jpg
Before tint
20230109_115051.jpg
20230109_115100.jpg
After tint 20230109_133201.jpg 20230109_133210.jpg

And the best pic I have so far:
20230109_135117.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Lovely. Are you doing any sort of paint correction before the PPF goes on?

Reactions
18inches of snow is a harsh winter :oops::oops:

welcome to the Forum!

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello everyone:

I pulled the trigger. This will be our second ST (first one was a company car in Rapid Red). Had been drooling over every ST that drove by, and found this one at the dealer with everything we wanted (except for multicontour seats) and had to pull the trigger. We were under contract for a Expedition Stealth but the dealer dropped the ball, so ended up more happy with an ST. It is an Star White, 401A, Premium Tech (w/o multicontour seats), moonroof, and ST Street Pack. It had only 5 miles when we picked it up, and already have 50 miles since Sunday. Man do I miss the, "Oh shoot that's kind of fast" feeling. Still trying to like the roof rail delete and I can say it's growing on me little by little. Very happy they got rid of that stupid center console and happy that we still have rear controls in this one.

Future Mods are All-weather floor mats, blacked out emblems and lug nuts, light up ST symbol and Ford Performance tune and are going to definitely happen. Really want to get Thermal R&D exhaust, and still deciding if I want lowering springs (still don't know if it's worth it).

One problem already, is that the left headlight is fogging up. We've had really harsh weather in Northern Nevada (we got 18 IN. of snow) so that probably affected something when it was sitting on the lot.

On the lot
View attachment 16010
View attachment 16014
Before tint
View attachment 16015
View attachment 16016
After tint View attachment 16017 View attachment 16018

View attachment 16019
Congratulations on your replacement ST. Let the customizing begin!

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My left headlight had some moisture issues as well. A close look showed the sealant was sloppy inner side top seam. Added more, no longer a problem.

OP
2020FordRaptor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #6
Lovely. Are you doing any sort of paint correction before the PPF goes on?
I don't know. Paint look pretty good to me.
18inches of snow is a harsh winter :oops::oops:

welcome to the Forum!
Not really a new member but thanks. The snow was really fun in the Raptor, not as fun in the ST.
My left headlight had some moisture issues as well. A close look showed the sealant was sloppy inner side top seam. Added more, no longer a problem.
So you just added some sealant. Could you explain more?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello everyone:

On the lot
View attachment 16010
View attachment 16014
Before tint
View attachment 16015
View attachment 16016
After tint View attachment 16017 View attachment 16018

View attachment 16019
Welcome to the forum

OP
2020FordRaptor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #9
Welcome to the forum
I wonder how many times I'll have to repeat this I'm not a new member (joined Sep.1.22) and have 172 posts....wait am I still new?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I wonder how many times I'll have to repeat this I'm not a new member (joined Sep.1.22) and have 172 posts....wait am I still new?
Sorry about that.

OP
2020FordRaptor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #11
I could care less, just thought I point that out. I've done that a couple times.

Reactions
I could care less, just thought I point that out. I've done that a couple times.
Welcome to the Forum! You'll find lots of knowledgeable info here for your first ST experience!

OP
2020FordRaptor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #13
Welcome to the Forum! You'll find lots of knowledgeable info here for your first ST experience!
No offense, but did you read my OP at all? This is our second ST and I've been a member since September.

EdMan63

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Welcome. My first was just like yours. Congrats!!!

Reactions
No offense, but did you read my OP at all? This is our second ST and I've been a member since September.
100% sarcasm after that last post saying welcome... lol

Probably hard to pick up on via internet :geek:

OP
2020FordRaptor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #16
100% sarcasm after that last post saying welcome... lol

Probably hard to pick up on via internet :geek:
Agree. That's pretty funny then.

OP
2020FordRaptor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #17
Welcome. My first was just like yours. Congrats!!!
I assume this is sarcasm also.

EdMan63

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I assume this is sarcasm also.
Not at all. I guess I shouldn’t have said welcome. My first ST was Star White just like yours. I’m on ST number 3. I’m the new guy here.

OP
2020FordRaptor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #19
Not at all. I guess I shouldn’t have said welcome. My first ST was Star White just like yours. I’m on ST number 3. I’m the new guy here.
Our first was rapid red.

OP
2020FordRaptor
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thread Starter #20
I just looked under our ST and WE HAVE THE 2 BOLT!!!!! Yes!!!!