Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Prompt Volume

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
What the heck is Prompt Volume? A few times now I’ve gone to change the stereo volume and it shows Prompt Volume. The blue circle changes but not the music volume! Probably something simple but I can’t figure out how to get out of it. I just have to turn off the system and wait a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
When the car is speaking to you (or believes it is) and you try to change the radio volume, it changes only the prompts volume. Wait until it finishes speaking.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Nothing is going on when it happens though. No warnings or messages. Just appears randomly. It’s weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I’ve occasionally had the same experience. I don’t remember whether it took a reboot to fix it.

Reactions
We didn't have bullshit things happening like this when everything wasn't so computerized like everything is today. Glitches are all to often the norm now. I'm not trying to sound like an old guy but I'd much rather have hard buttons and greater simplicity back than what we have now.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
We didn't have bullshit things happening like this when everything wasn't so computerized like everything is today. Glitches are all to often the norm now. I'm not trying to sound like an old guy but I'd much rather have hard buttons and greater simplicity back than what we have now.
I agree 100%. I'm an old guy.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
It just happened again! WTF!!! My left side sensory alarm is going off every time I put it in reverse now also. Not too big of an issue but the stereo thing is pissing me off because I can't adjust the volume when I need to! How do you reboot it?

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Based on my experience, if your phone is bluetoothed to the stereo, any audio from the phone is considered prompt audio. For example, if you're listening to the radio, then watch a video on your phone when its connected, the audio from the phone basically overlays the audio from the radio - phone audio is identified as 'prompt volume' and the radio audio is 'audio volume'. Try disconnecting phone by turning off bluetooth and see if the volume control toggles back to 'audio volume'.

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
The next time it does it I will try that. I do use a wireless carplay adapter but I would think that would cause it to do it all the time. It hasn't done it since the reset so keeping my fingers crossed.