Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Project Blue Steel

OP
mruff1975
Reactions
Thread Starter #61
That’s a 93 tune... and I just loaded the latest revision... but it’s snowing out lol. If tomorrow is dry I will do some draggy pulls.
as a few guys already found out these trucks are a handful in the wet when they make power lol

Reactions
Excited to see the results! I would imagine a 120ish trap on 93

OP
mruff1975
Reactions
Thread Starter #63
Hoping to get to the dyno this week sometime just waiting on availability of Adam to tune the thing

OHST

Reactions
Hoping to get to the dyno this week sometime just waiting on availability of Adam to tune the thing
Looking forward to the results

OP
mruff1975
Reactions
Thread Starter #66
463 Hp /544 Tq on 93

548 Hp/593 Tq on E 50

Finally took the truck out to Lavigne Motorsport in Elmira, Ontario. Thanks to Eric from lavigne for letting us use the dyno and Adam from zfg for remote tuning for me. Tonight I learned I should have just made a custom 3 inch exhaust like unbroken and the factory air intake IS pretty restrictive after all. Next steps new exhaust and custom air intake.

OP
mruff1975
Reactions
Thread Starter #68
Switched out the borla atak to a full 3 inch set up. If it looks familiar that’s because it uses the same parts unbroken used. He told me I would be happy with the results and I am. The magnaflow has a much lower exhaust note. It’s still loud at cold start but significantly quieter from 3500 to red line. My borla atak was just too loud after I added the down pipes and stage 5 turbos.

Shout out to unbroken for leading the way on this one

Intake is next then back to the dyno. I am following Kruppa closely can’t wait to see the finished product

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I like how in the photos above the cleanest part of the car is the exhaust! Awesome!

OP
mruff1975
Reactions
Thread Starter #70
Hahahahaha Toronto weather. Debating a car wash but I don’t want the doors to freeze closed haha

F=MA

Reactions
Have the same issue in Wichita currently. The good thing is you can drive into a lake and still float because of all the salt:ROFLMAO:. Do not try this at home.:devilish:

Last edited:

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Can’t believe there aren’t some I take options out there. I’d love a carbon fiber intake tube design to dress up the engine compartment a bit on these. Any ideas on pending I takes or what are you guys thinking for a custom I take design.

Dad_Mobile

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
463 Hp /544 Tq on 93

548 Hp/593 Tq on E 50

Finally took the truck out to Lavigne Motorsport in Elmira, Ontario. Thanks to Eric from lavigne for letting us use the dyno and Adam from zfg for remote tuning for me. Tonight I learned I should have just made a custom 3 inch exhaust like unbroken and the factory air intake IS pretty restrictive after all. Next steps new exhaust and custom air intake.
Im adding DP's, intercooler, fuel pump, and turbo's to mine but I would like to keep the exhaust as factory sounding as possible.

OP
mruff1975
Reactions
Thread Starter #74
I suspect the factory exhaust has similar flow to the borla I had. I will keep you guys posted on what kinda power increase we got from swapping to a full 3 inch exhaust. I have put 500kms on the new exhaust I wouldn’t exactly call it quite hahahaha

Dad_Mobile

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
I suspect the factory exhaust has similar flow to the borla I had. I will keep you guys posted on what kinda power increase we got from swapping to a full 3 inch exhaust. I have put 500kms on the new exhaust I wouldn’t exactly call it quite hahahaha
I just realized I never asked my question in my first post but you basically read my mind. I was wondering if you thought stock intake was the only bottleneck. My plan is to keep the exhaust stock unless it limits flow after the turbo's are added. I know with other Eco boost platforms typically the stock exhaust can handle more power than the stock internals but wasn't sure about this platform.

OP
mruff1975
Reactions
Thread Starter #76
Hard to say with out dyno numbers to back it up. When I was at the dyno Adam (zfg) had us open the air box and the truck instantly picked up power. We didn’t check the exhaust... although we debated running straight downpipes only hahahahahaha but we didn’t try it

JESTER435

Reactions
Absolutely, Phenomenal build! Glad I found this forum and get some info! I am trying to figure out what I want done with my explorer ST!

Reactions
Love your build man! Just an FYI I got the same wheels as you and went with a 285/35/24 Toyo st3 tire and I’m not rubbing if you ever wanted some more sidewall!