Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Problems with key fob global window up/down control and one touch on passenger side

junior10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I'm having problems with puddle light on passenger door and key fobs global window up/down control also the one touch up/dn on the passenger door. I took my 2023 ford explorer ST to Mullinax ford in Kissimmee for this issue The service advisor tested it, and was able to get the down to work on both passenger and driver but not the up. Long short they replaced the PDM which fixed the puddle light but not the window problem. The advisor informed me that the truck was not programed for the global function. I went home and tried it myself and it does work, but only on the driver side, the passenger side now doesn't work. I looked in the onboard interface, settings and my truck does have the options to enable and disable the global open close windows, both were enabled. I called Mullinax ford and spoke with the advisor to inform him of my findings, he said that his tech is the best in the shop and that he followed the repair protocol and that my vehicle was not provisioned for that function. So I said id like to take the car in for repair, he said fine but it would take some time. He said that if I could take it to where I purchased the truck it would be best. In any case has anyone encounter this issue?
As far as Mullinax Ford Kissimmee I feel that I'm been lead to understand that they would rather service warrantee vehicles that were purchased there. I didn't purchase my truck there because they could not match the price that I got from another dealer, they were off by 8k.

hbalek

Reactions
I'm having problems with puddle light on passenger door and key fobs global window up/down control also the one touch up/dn on the passenger door. I took my 2023 ford explorer ST to Mullinax ford in Kissimmee for this issue The service advisor tested it, and was able to get the down to work on both passenger and driver but not the up. Long short they replaced the PDM which fixed the puddle light but not the window problem. The advisor informed me that the truck was not programed for the global function. I went home and tried it myself and it does work, but only on the driver side, the passenger side now doesn't work. I looked in the onboard interface, settings and my truck does have the options to enable and disable the global open close windows, both were enabled. I called Mullinax ford and spoke with the advisor to inform him of my findings, he said that his tech is the best in the shop and that he followed the repair protocol and that my vehicle was not provisioned for that function. So I said id like to take the car in for repair, he said fine but it would take some time. He said that if I could take it to where I purchased the truck it would be best. In any case has anyone encounter this issue?
As far as Mullinax Ford Kissimmee I feel that I'm been lead to understand that they would rather service warrantee vehicles that were purchased there. I didn't purchase my truck there because they could not match the price that I got from another dealer, they were off by 8k.
You have a right to take your vehicle to any Ford or Lincoln dealership anywhere in the U.S. and Canada for warranty repairs, PERIOD. I would tell them that and if they still refuse you escalate it to Ford Customer Service.

OP
J

junior10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
You have a right to take your vehicle to any Ford or Lincoln dealership anywhere in the U.S. and Canada for warranty repairs, PERIOD. I would tell them that and if they still refuse you escalate it to Ford Customer Service.
I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service 800-392-3673 they said to take back to where purchased because of no confusion of vehicle. It is what they recommend is best. Then was transferred to technology assistance and was disconnected.

hbalek

Reactions
I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service 800-392-3673 they said to take back to where purchased because of no confusion of vehicle. It is what they recommend is best. Then was transferred to technology assistance and was disconnected.
That's not how warranties work and even ESP's are good at any dealership not just where you purchased it. It's a Ford warranty not a dealership warranty. They get paid by Ford regardless! My last 2 Lincoln vehicles were purchased at different used car dealerships, one was a Lincoln dealer the other was a Chrysler/Jeep dealership. My nearby Ford dealership did all of my warranty repairs for 10 years, no questions asked.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Sometimes it is just best to take it back to the dealer you bought it from, right or wrong. There is no sense in going to a dealer service department that can't help you.
With the key fob, can't really help you with that, sorry, as Ford really designed them to stay in the vehicle at all times, in my opinion. I do believe the windows can go down, but not up, due to safety concerns.

OP
J

junior10476

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
It works on the drivers side the way it should, its just the passenger side. When I first took it it would only come down with the remote on both sides and the one touch also worked. Now it goes up and down with the remote on the driver side but not the passenger side. also the one touch works on the driver side up and down but on the passenger side it only goes down. It did go up and down before I took it.

Explorer ST Posts