Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Power Gains from Nostrum Stage 2 Kit without Upgrading Turbos?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I'm currently running the following setup -

ZFG 93 DMS tune
Intake
Charge pipes
Downpipes
Thermal catback
Intercooler
Ruthenium plugs

The car is quick, I run about 12.1 quarter mile and 0-60 in 3.8 with a 1.8 60 foot on 93 right now. The car has stock turbos for now.

I plan to switch to e50 down the road, but the nearest station is far away, so I'll still be running 93 a lot of the time. I know I need to upgrade the pump and injectors for E, but I'm wondering what kind of gains do those add, if any, on a 93 octane setup like I have now. I'm sure I'll be getting the turbos done eventually, still waiting on a true upgrade kit, not just rebuilt stock units. I'm just curious if this upgrade should be a priority before I run ethanol, or if it can just wait until later when I do the E switch and turbo upgrade.

Thanks!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Given your upgrades, for an e50 tune, you shouldn't need to add the Nostrum setup. Expect an additional ~40hp on e50 with your current setup. If you upgrade to the larger turbos, you'll need the bigger pump for ethanol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
Given your upgrades, for an e50 tune, you shouldn't need to add the Nostrum setup. Expect an additional ~40hp on e50 with your current setup. If you upgrade to the larger turbos, you'll need the bigger pump for ethanol.
I was under the impression that on e50 there would be some gains with a pump and injectors without turbos, but you're saying that without turbos there wouldn't be any benefit?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
With your set up, you should be able to run full E85, most people only run E 30 or E 50 because the stock fuel pump is maxed out around that the last thing you want is to run Lean

Explorer ST Posts