Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Post your Dragy times.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Wow. Sounds good. Cheaper to just straight pipe rather than aftermarket exhaust!
Got the idea from my local exhaust guys who said let the engine sound like it’s supposed to. You can throw it in eco and not crush the pedal and it’s relatively quiet (relative being subjective).

Reactions
I just got my dragy in. Playing around with it and tried a video. Launched it but not sure where I let off the brake. Ran a 4.43 0-60 not bad. I believe the 93 tune I have is capable of 4.0 to 4.1 maybe even lower depending on road and other factors.

Attachments

Reactions
Hey all,
What is your tire pressure set to for launching / 0-60?
I hear 25psi is best to avoid slipping.
Im running around 31 and get a lot of wheel hop and slippage so im losing a lot of time on the 0-60.
You guys turn off traction control or leave on?
Tks.

Reactions
Trac Control off. Your times are solid, don’t sweat it!!

Reactions
View attachment 7909
4.33 getting better at this lol.
Small item but you are measuring 0-100km/hr. Which is these same as 0-62mph. So if you switch to imperial should run a lower time as only wanting to see how long to 60 right?

Reactions
Small item but you are measuring 0-100km/hr. Which is these same as 0-62mph. So if you switch to imperial should run a lower time as only wanting to see how long to 60 right?
Yes just 0-100km/h or 0-60mph is what I'm after not 0-62mph...I didnt realize this.
I didnt realize that the imperial changes it.
Right now I have 0-60km/h and 0-100km/h selected which are the first 2 boxes under the unit option. So if I remove these and select 0-100km/h which is the seventh box down, it will change to 0-60 from 0-62mph?
Or do I just select 0-60mph box to get the 0-100/h times?
Thanks for any feedback I appreciate it.

Reactions
Yes just 0-100km/h or 0-60mph is what I'm after not 0-62mph...I didnt realize this.
I didnt realize that the imperial changes it.
Right now I have 0-60km/h and 0-100km/h selected which are the first 2 boxes under the unit option. So if I remove these and select 0-100km/h which is the seventh box down, it will change to 0-60 from 0-62mph?
Or do I just select 0-60mph box to get the 0-100/h times?
Thanks for any feedback I appreciate it.
Not sure to be honest. Even though I bought mine in Canada, the default was 0-60 oddly enough so I’m not sure how to change it. Should save you at least a 1/10 of a second if not more.

update I took a look at my dragy. I think if you turn off “unit in metric” that will revert to mph, then recheck all the boxes.

Reactions
Not sure to be honest. Even though I bought mine in Canada, the default was 0-60 oddly enough so I’m not sure how to change it. Should save you at least a 1/10 of a second if not more.

update I took a look at my dragy. I think if you turn off “unit in metric” that will revert to mph, then recheck all the boxes.
Appreciate the feedback. We have a rainy day today so I'll have to wait to get some runs in.
Cheers.

Reactions
Appreciate the feedback. We have a rainy day today so I'll have to wait to get some runs in.
Cheers.
Whoa whoa whoa!!!
I changed the unit in metric option and 0-60mph and my times increased substantially. My 4.33 went to 4.11s wow.

Attachments

Oli G

Reactions
New best 1/4 mile time, here are my 2 best runs, pretty good for a stock truck ! Explorer ST 1-4 mile stock.jpg

Reactions
1st sub 4. Unbelievable. Getting intercooler tomorrow. Can’t wait. Thanks again to Adam and ZFG!!
Very nice however that -4.49% slope is a huge advantage but a sub 4 is nice nonetheless.

Reactions
Gearhead auto octane base tune, just loaded it up tonight. I was impressed with the result, best I could manage on stock tune was a 13.76.

Completely stock with 3/4 tank of gas, didn't mess with tire pressure at all. Definitely not a slow pig anymore.

Attachments

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Here’s FORZDA3 on ZFG E50 tune drinking 50% 93 octane gasoline and 50% corn whiskey. I think it really likes the whiskey! BDC71ED7-045B-4EAF-A082-A1A1494034FB.jpeg

Dad_Mobile

Active Duty U.S. Army
Reactions
Gearhead auto octane base tune, just loaded it up tonight. I was impressed with the result, best I could manage on stock tune was a 13.76.

Completely stock with 3/4 tank of gas, didn't mess with tire pressure at all. Definitely not a slow pig anymore.
Another GHT ST, welcome to the forum Ken next year is going to be fun!