Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Police Interceptor Wheels

Wes

Reactions
I know it's probably been posted and answered a million times, but I've looked and want confirmation. I've got a 2020 ST with the Street Pack, so it has the big brakes and the 21" wheels. I've considered swapping out wheels for the 18" wheels on the Police Interceptor Utility and the Goodyear Eagle Enforcers.

Is it possible? Or do I need to stay with a 21" or 20"?

Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
They will fit. I use those rims as my winter tire and rim set up.Here is a shot of the front.
How does it look on the ST with both fronts/rears on? Wheel gap?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Well they are never going to look as good as the original wheels. Winter where I live is brutal so they serve a purpose and all season tires don't cut it. The gap is a little wider but again this set up is about safety and preserving the nice stock wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
20' Explorer ST
Well they never going to look as good as the original wheels. Winter where I live is brutal so they serve a purpose and all season tires don't cut it. The gap is a little wider but again this set up is about safety and preserving the nice stock wheels.
Totally agree. I'm actually purchasing interceptor wheels and winters for my ST in Oct.

Reactions
I know it's probably been posted and answered a million times, but I've looked and want confirmation. I've got a 2020 ST with the Street Pack, so it has the big brakes and the 21" wheels. I've considered swapping out wheels for the 18" wheels on the Police Interceptor Utility and the Goodyear Eagle Enforcers.

Is it possible? Or do I need to stay with a 21" or 20"?
Do ya want to look like a cop or do you just like the look of those wheels? Add some strobes to the front grill and add a couple spotlights on each side and you’re good to go.
Just messin with ya. I hate the fact that people slowdown to the exact speed limit while coming up on them. Funny at first, but no more.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
The problem is trying to buy 21" winter tires is very expensive. Plus the wear and tear on the 21" wheels over a winter season. Although the 18" wheels look "cop like" they really are the best bet for serous winter driving. One hit to the wallet for the full set of 4 with tires and someone is good for many seasons.