Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Please help me.

Reactions
For the brake noise, that is strange as the brake system does not actively circulate the fluid, it is dead-ended. Are you sure it is not the power steering pump or even fuel in the fuel tank sloshing around? Ford neglected to adequately baffle the fuel tank, so you will hear it moving around when you accelerate or decelerate.

I honestly wouldn't be too concerned with the auto start/stop. It might take a 15-20 seconds or so to turn off at a stoplight, just in time for the light to turn green.

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #22
For the brake noise, that is strange as the brake system does not actively circulate the fluid, it is dead-ended. Are you sure it is not the power steering pump or even fuel in the fuel tank sloshing around? Ford neglected to adequately baffle the fuel tank, so you will hear it moving around when you accelerate or decelerate.

I honestly wouldn't be too concerned with the auto start/stop. It might take a 15-20 seconds or so to turn off at a stoplight, just in time for the light to turn green.
Thank you for your reply. I'm sure that the brake noise is from under the brake pedal. It means I can hear the noise when I push and release pedal. But it is not exact same timing, the noise occur delayed timing. I really want to up load the recorded video. It is the easiest way to explain.

I checked the auto stop and it seems like needs to time to activated. My previous car was audi a7 in the South Korea. It also does auto stop but it doesn't need to the time to be activated. But ST does. That's why I had the question about auto stop.

Thank you for your reply I will visit the service center on 8.24. I will let you know the result
Thank you again.

Last edited: