Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Please help me.

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Hello guys,
As I wrote on the introduction, I just moved to the State 3months ago, and I got the st 3wks ago. Unfortunately, there are 3 problems.

1. When I step on the break there is noise such as oil is circulated.
2. Sometime Engine Auto-stop doesn't working.
3. Cooling seat system of both side of Driver and front passenger doesn't work, just make a sound as fan is working but no cool.

Is there anybody has the similar problem?

I tried to attach the video but it couldn't be uploaded.

Actually I tried to make an appointment to service center, but they told me that they will charge $133 cost. Is that right? I don't have any idea about the US car service system.
Please help me.

Last edited:

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hello!

Issues with any vehicle needs to be addressed at the dealer's Service Department.

You need to make an appointment and have them look at those items and hope they find the cause.

I'm having issues with my new ST (6,000 miles) with a intermittent rattle. Dealer looked at it and couldn't hear it, and then when I drove it home it started again!

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Hello!

Issues with any vehicle needs to be addressed at the dealer's Service Department.

You need to make an appointment and have them look at those items and hope they find the cause.

I'm having issues with my new ST (6,000 miles) with a intermittent rattle. Dealer looked at it and couldn't hear it, and then when I drove it home it started again!
Hello!

Hello,
Thank you for your reply, and sorry about your issue.
Actually, I tried to make an appointment but they told me that they will charge the diagnosis fee($133). Is that right? As I said before I just moved to the State. So I don't have any idea about the service system.
Thank you so much about the reply again.
Have a nice week.

Reactions
Hello guys,
As I wrote on the introduction, I just moved to the State 3months ago, and I got the st 3wks ago. Unfortunately, there are 3 problems.

1. When I step on the break there is noise such as oil is circulated. - Brakes are a hydraulic system and contain brake fluid...or "oil" in the system. What do you mean by the noise?

2. Sometime Engine Auto-stop doesn't working. - The auto start/stop will not be active until you are at normal operating temp. Also, if you are at a stop then let off the brake even slightly the ST will turn back on. Sport mode deactivates the auto stop.

3. Cooling seat system of both side of Driver and front passenger doesn't work, just make a sound as fan is working but no cool. Seats are simply "ventilated" and not actually air conditioned.

Is there anybody has the similar problem?

I tried to attach the video but it couldn't be uploaded.

Actually I tried to make an appointment to service center, but they told me that they will charge $133 cost. Is that right? I don't have any idea about the US car service system.
Please help me.
See my replies above.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
How many miles on your vehicle? What year is it? If it is still under warranty, you have to make an appointment at a Ford dealership. They should not charge you to check out the problems. I would not be concerned about auto-start/stop not working. It does not work if you are in Sport Mode. As far as the brake noise, I don't think I'd be concerned about it either. As far as the cooling seats, you shouldn't expect them to be as cold as A/C for example.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I agree with TMac, they shouldn’t be charging a diagnostic fee for something like that, which clearly sounds like a warranty issue. I had an issue with a usb outlet in my previous vehicle that wasn’t charging. I thought maybe it was a fuse, I brought it to a dealership, they said there was a $175 diagnostic fee and if the fuses were burnt out I’d have to pay for them to. So I went to a different dealership ended up paying $0. So I guess my advice is find a better dealership.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I agree with TMac, they shouldn’t be charging a diagnostic fee for something like that, which clearly sounds like a warranty issue ...
Bingo! What is it with a "diagnostic fee" for a vehicle with a warranty? Total BS ...

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Bingo! What is it with a "diagnostic fee" for a vehicle with a warranty? Total BS ...
Crooked dealerships trying to scam customers out of money. I ran across that at a Ram dealer here in Houston once. Posted a review of them online so that others were aware.
Go to a different dealer.

Reactions
There should be no charge whatsoever since it is under warranty. Even if you have the first model year (2020), which carries a 3yr bumper to bumper and 5yr powertrain. I have taken my 2020 into a Ford service center numerous times to fix smaller issues and not once was I charged.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The OP did not specify whether he visited a Ford dealer. He is from South Korea as he says, and might not have even consulted a Ford dealer. Also, the warranties are limited by mileage, so if it had over 36k miles regardless of age, it might not have been covered. So let's wait until he posts again. Anyone on this site for enough time will realize that some people with a problem will post, get a reply and you never hear from them again.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Crooked dealerships trying to scam customers out of money. I ran across that at a Ram dealer here in Houston once. Posted a review of them online so that others were aware.
Go to a different state. Yikes!

There should be no charge whatsoever since it is under warranty. Even if you have the first model year (2020), which carries a 3yr bumper to bumper and 5yr powertrain. I have taken my 2020 into a Ford service center numerous times to fix smaller issues and not once was I charged.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I've had mine to the dealer 3 times for the rattling issue. First to diagnose, then to apply a fix, third time because I was still hearing it intermittently (they couldn't duplicate).

No charge either of those times, they even gave me a loaner on the second visit when they dropped the gas tank for the fix.

Reactions
The OP did not specify whether he visited a Ford dealer. He is from South Korea as he says, and might not have even consulted a Ford dealer. Also, the warranties are limited by mileage, so if it had over 36k miles regardless of age, it might not have been covered. So let's wait until he posts again. Anyone on this site for enough time will realize that some people with a problem will post, get a reply and you never hear from them again.
True on every statement you mentioned above :cool:

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
See my replies above.
Thank you for your reply.
Brakes are a hydraulic system and contain brake fluid...or "oil" in the system. What do you mean by the noise?
The brake noise is like pumping the oil and air together into the cylinder.
Like a step on a big rubber glove and rubbing on the ground slowly.
It wasn't at the first week but from 2nd week it has been worse and worse.
Especially when I try to the parking it is louder than regular driving.
My wife could hear that sound in the front passenger seat.

The auto start/stop will not be active until you are at normal operating temp. Also, if you are at a stop then let off the brake even slightly the ST will turn back on. Sport mode deactivates the auto stop.
It happens at the middle of driving or middle of the day with normal mode.

Seats are simply "ventilated" and not actually air conditioned.
I didn't know about that so it is not a problem.

Actually, I take a video with the brake noise and intermittent auto stop.
However, it couldn't be uploaded.

Thank you for your professional reply.
My chief complaint is the brake sounds. I really want to listen to your reply again.
Thank you again and I'm looking forward to your reply.
have a good night.

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
How many miles on your vehicle? What year is it? If it is still under warranty, you have to make an appointment at a Ford dealership. They should not charge you to check out the problems. I would not be concerned about auto-start/stop not working. It does not work if you are in Sport Mode. As far as the brake noise, I don't think I'd be concerned about it either. As far as the cooling seats, you shouldn't expect them to be as cold as A/C for example.
Thank you for your reply.
the miles are 900 and 2022. I know the under warranty and I told to the service center as well. But they told me that there will be a diagnosis fee. I cannot understand, why they charge the fee even though it is nearly a new car. I just picked up the brand new car on 7/29/2022.
It happens in normal drive mode. Thank you for your reply again.

Last edited:
OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
I agree with TMac, they shouldn’t be charging a diagnostic fee for something like that, which clearly sounds like a warranty issue. I had an issue with a usb outlet in my previous vehicle that wasn’t charging. I thought maybe it was a fuse, I brought it to a dealership, they said there was a $175 diagnostic fee and if the fuses were burnt out I’d have to pay for them to. So I went to a different dealership ended up paying $0. So I guess my advice is find a better dealership.
Thank you for your reply, and I also phoned another dealership and they told me that the fee will be $145 but I need to be waiting for 1week more. So I choose the first dealership.
I will call another dealership tommorow follow your advice.
Thank you again.

Last edited:
OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #16
Thank you for your reply, and I will phone call another dealership.
Thank you again.

OP
M

m0025011

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Thread Starter #17
Thank you for your reply and I called ford dealer, Yes I just moved to the State nearly 4 months ago, So I am not familiar with the State dealer service system. That's why I have confuse and asked about my issue on this forum. I will phone call another dealer tomorrow.
Thank you again. have a nice night.

Reactions
Sounds like dealers trying to rip off a foriegn customer. If so, this needs to be addressed to Ford Customeer Service. Where are the dealers?

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thank you for your reply and I called ford dealer, Yes I just moved to the State nearly 4 months ago, So I am not familiar with the State dealer service system. That's why I have confuse and asked about my issue on this forum. I will phone call another dealer tomorrow.
Thank you again. have a nice night.
The best replies you received on this thread are:
1) go to a dealer that doesn't charge you a diagnostic fee
2) call Ford Customer Service