Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Please help me disable the auto-locks

DL_Mar10

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello all. I just joined the forum today. Can someone please tell me how to disable the auto-locks that lock the doors when you reach 12mph? All I can find in the settings is the disable "switch" for the auto-unlock. I already tried the Ford how-to video method of starting the engine, push unlock 6 times, shut engine off, push unlock 6 times, and so on. That must be a 4+ year old video though, because it doesn't work on my 2020 ST. Thanks for the help.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Why do you want to disable the auto locks?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Try this method…
Switching Between Turning On/Off Ford's Automatic LockPress on the door unlock button. Then, press the lock button. You will hear the horn sound one time to indicate that you have turned off your automatic locking feature

Autolock: Press the power door unlock button then the lock button. The horn will sound once if disabled or twice (one short and one long) if enabled. Autounlock: Press the power door lock button then the unlock button. The horn will sound once if disabled or twice (one short and one long) if enabled.

OP
D

DL_Mar10

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Why do you want to disable the auto locks?
Basically because, if I wanted the doors locked, I would've locked them myself. It's most annoying when I am picking someone up who is standing there waiting for me and when they try to get in, the doors are locked. I realize that putting it in Park will unlock the doors. But, typically, when I'm just pulling up to let my daughter out or pick her up at school, dance, gymnastics, church, etc., I'm still in Drive with my foot on the brake, and the dang doors are locked.
*Note by "auto-locks", I am referring to, is the doors locking themselves when you hit 12mph. I want to disable that feature.

OP
D

DL_Mar10

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Try this method…
Switching Between Turning On/Off Ford's Automatic LockPress on the door unlock button. Then, press the lock button. You will hear the horn sound one time to indicate that you have turned off your automatic locking feature

Autolock: Press the power door unlock button then the lock button. The horn will sound once if disabled or twice (one short and one long) if enabled. Autounlock: Press the power door lock button then the unlock button. The horn will sound once if disabled or twice (one short and one long) if enabled.
Thank you. But, that is the Ford how-to I was referring to. It doesn't work.

Ryan1024

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I went into Forscan yesterday and disabled about 5 different lines that mentioned “auto lock”. I haven’t gone anywhere since then with a passenger so I don’t know if it did anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

DL_Mar10

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
I'm not familiar with Forscan. But, if it worked, please let me know more. Thanks!

Ryan1024

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm not familiar with Forscan. But, if it worked, please let me know more. Thanks!
Here are some screen shots of what I changed in Forscan to disable auto locks. After several times of having passengers get out of the rear doors and myself getting out to get something out of the cargo area, I can confirm my auto locks are now disabled!

The two modules I made changes in are the APIM and BdyCM. Changed the value by double clicking on the word “enabled” - change it from “enabled” to “disabled”. Make all of your changes at the same time and then click write at the bottom of the screen to save. Good luck!

Last edited:

venide2

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Here are some screen shots of what I changed in Forscan to disable auto locks. After several times of having passengers get out of the rear doors and myself getting out to get something out of the cargo area, I can confirm my auto locks are now disabled!

The two modules I made changes in are the APIM and BdyCM. Changed the value by double clicking on the word “enabled” - change it from “enabled” to “disabled”. Make all of your changes at the same time and then click write at the bottom of the screen to save. Good luck!

Is using Forscan the only way to disable the auto-lock feature?