Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Platinum Suspension on ST?

csward

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I know this is going to sound real dumb, but cest la vie. I purchased the 2022 ST because I wanted the 3.0, as well as the black accents. One of the only thing I’m not happy with is the suspension/ride quality. There’s times where I’m driving on a concrete roadway (smooth riding in other vehicles) where I feel like I’m about to bounce out of the seat.

Took the car into the dealer to have a vibration looked at (dealer claims it’s just the stock “throaty” exhaust, which I would like a second opinion) and also mentioned the rough suspension. They looked at it and say it’s all good.

Is it possible to purchase the suspension for a Platinum and put it on an ST? Sorry for the complaining post, just hope I didn’t make a $60k mistake.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
ST shocks and struts are 8% stiffer than a Platinum…that’s the only difference that applies and the parts are interchangeable.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
I've got all the OEM suspension components from a 22 Platinum available if you want to jump down that rabbit hole... Though it may make sense to compare part numbers on springs, etc.

Reactions
I have a 2020 Platinum and I’ve always thought it’s kind rode like crap

Reactions
I have a stock 2020 ST and I think it handles the road great both bumpy and smooth. I would not alter the suspension to make it softer. Did you check your wheels to make sure they are at the recommended 33 psi. It seems that all of our vehicles are shipped with over inflated tires, like 40 psi plus. This can make a big differnce in the feel of the vehicle.

Reactions
Slow reply here. Just found the thread searching the topic. I have an ST and I too find it's too stiff and harsh a ride for the regular daily driving I do. Did you find any solution? I'm looking into it and don't know the first thing about it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
I run 18" aftermarket wheels (Enkie XM-6) with 265/65 tires (Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3) on my '21 Platinum.
The ride is significantly smoother and quieter. The oem 45 series tires contributed to the harsh ride.
Purchased everything from Tire Rack.