Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Pixelated screen future issue?

Reactions
So this screen in our 21 st had problems since day one when my wife and I drove it off the lot on Black Friday 21. Issue was the satellite problem not receiving satellite signal from siriusXM so we had the service department look at it and updated the screen. Figured I don’t have time to do the two hour update at home due to daily activities with kids. The dealers usually take a week just to look and another week to fix the issue from previous experience in the past.

Fast forward about two weeks ago me and my wife notice the screen being pixelated. Is that a normal issue or do I have to get it replaced under warranty?

the ford dealership where I purchased the suv from plays hard ball when it comes to warranty replacements. There’s only like 3 ford dealers around me but 2/3 make headaches. NM is definitely behind in owning up to warranty honor.

kind of frustrating when this is our dream Explorer and very first new new new car, therefore never owned a new car. Got tired of the issues from used vehicles not knowing how the other person treated the vehicle.

Attachments

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My MY2020 has never done that in 2 1/2 years of ownership. I'd take it in.

OP
IconicSTallion
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
This sucks cause it’s our only vehicle at the moment. Such a bummer cause it’s a 60k vehicle and it seems pretty disheartening for that price.

I literally came from a 2019 explorer limited NA v6 with only 36.5k miles on it at trade with less issues over a 2 year ownership. That truck was a beast with Toyo open country at3 tires. I live one a half paved and dirt environment. Wife wanted captain seats due another baby on the way, so my oldest child could get the third row with a hassle of folding the bench seats. Couldn’t pass up the offer that was way over asking price when we purchased the used 2019 Ford Explorer which was 36k.They sold that truck for 42k since our 2019 price at 34k! Walked out with 23k for trade due to fees. Talk about inflation.

Reactions
This happened on mine a little bit before the camera feed decided to just go out completely to be a blue screen... which is caused by the rear camera module electrical issue there is a recall out for. Did you get the recall fix already? Did you check your VIN against Ford's recall database to see if you are included in it?

Reactions
So this screen in our 21 st had problems since day one when my wife and I drove it off the lot on Black Friday 21. Issue was the satellite problem not receiving satellite signal from siriusXM so we had the service department look at it and updated the screen. Figured I don’t have time to do the two hour update at home due to daily activities with kids. The dealers usually take a week just to look and another week to fix the issue from previous experience in the past.

Fast forward about two weeks ago me and my wife notice the screen being pixelated. Is that a normal issue or do I have to get it replaced under warranty?

the ford dealership where I purchased the suv from plays hard ball when it comes to warranty replacements. There’s only like 3 ford dealers around me but 2/3 make headaches. NM is definitely behind in owning up to warranty honor.

kind of frustrating when this is our dream Explorer and very first new new new car, therefore never owned a new car. Got tired of the issues from used vehicles not knowing how the other person treated the vehicle.
I too have experienced this. I posted a feed with an image similar to yours. Except mine appeared to have some red lines throughout the image. I did also notice one day while using apple carplay that there were red line through the black areas on spotify. I rebooted the SYNC system and my phone and it was fine. What is interesting is both issues were in the upper portion of that screen.

OP
IconicSTallion
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Check ford recall website but the vin got a clear call. So odd that only a few have a recall. Mines a 21 October build. I just got rear ended so I will have ford look at my screens (dashboard screen and center screen) and bring up the subframe issue cause mine has one bolt. :confused:

Adrian

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer 2022

I have identical issue. Did you solved yours ? What was it ?