Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Pirelli tire foam seperation

wnumber7

Reactions
Vehicle
ST Explorer
tried to back-track prior threds on this but did not get too far, I remember seeing issues with the foam seperation issue, looking to see what people have done for a temperary fix or solution until new tires are needed, I still have good tred on them at 34,000. Are Ford dealers removing them from the tires I've read? Any issues with ride afterwards?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The foam is there for noise reduction. Pull it out, rebalance and drive on.

OP
wnumber7

wnumber7

Reactions
Vehicle
ST Explorer
Thread Starter #3
yupp, just after getting them all rebalanced and rotated, we had much noticed noise and vibration throughout cab, noticed shit-ton of weights piled on the passenger rear tire(10 oz. worth) while the rest had around 2 oz. went back to tire store and as they rotated tire on rim to try another balance...noticed the foam seperation, their first for them, removed and rebalanced - now drives like a dream again (2 oz. weights added) this at 36,000 but now in the market for a new set, go figure LOL

hbalek

Reactions
yupp, just after getting them all rebalanced and rotated, we had much noticed noise and vibration throughout cab, noticed shit-ton of weights piled on the passenger rear tire(10 oz. worth) while the rest had around 2 oz. went back to tire store and as they rotated tire on rim to try another balance...noticed the foam seperation, their first for them, removed and rebalanced - now drives like a dream again (2 oz. weights added) this at 36,000 but now in the market for a new set, go figure LOL
I got new tires at about 40K miles and the rough ride of the old Pirellis is gone!

Explorer ST Posts