Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Performance MODs that don’t Void Warranty

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Other than exhaust, any performance mods that can be done without voiding the warranty? I’m looking for Mods that make a noticeable difference in performance. Driving this on the German Autobahn and need to stay with the Audi’s, Mercedes, and BMWs. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Technically Ford can claim any performance mods will void your warranty, but under the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act they have to prove it. A tune will probably give you the most noticeable difference.

Reactions
Dude - I drove the Autobahns for 5 years in a BMW. When you average above 100 mph, there are a few that go by, but you don't want to be in the left-hand lane when they do. You're not built to run with the 150+ crowd. If that's where you want to run, I suggest you look for handling & stability mods before you look at tunes. 0-to-whatever can sure improve with a tune, but it's got to stick to the road. I've run mine at 130+ and it becomes "very sensitive" to wind. But having said that, she'll run 120 and under all friggin day. I'd sure like to do some running on the secondary roads in SPORT mode. I pulled up on an Audi TT this morning. Yeah, he got away, but just barely, and boy what he surprised. I didn't get the chance to see if he had the stones for a real run, but off the light, I made him sweat.
PJ's $0.02

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Yea not looking to do 150. Just want to smoke them from start to 120ish. I’m good staying below that speed.

Last edited:
OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Definitely would have to upgrade the suspension too. It bounces too much over 120 mph.

MonkeysWashingCats

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I threw on the Steeda sway bar and I'm very impressed at how much it decreased body roll as well as just making the ride and handling feel more like a BMW 3 series and less like an Expedition