Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Passenger Side Whistle With Window Down

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello, on my (new to me) 2020 ST, there’s a whistle when the passenger window is rolled down either all the way or partially open and going 40mph+. With the window closed, there’s no whistle. Anyone ever experience this? I have found posts online about the gasket being bad or not installed properly and there being a whistle with the window up. But, mine is opposite.
Thanks in advanced!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
For many, it is the side mirror causing the whistle. To confirm, drive until you hear the whistle, then press the button to make the side mirror retract. Ford revised the side mirror but unless yours is still under warranty (the side mirror can be $1000 depending on options) you are kind of stuck with it. I've tried tape and insulation into the side view cracks and spaces but no luck.

Last edited:
OP
E
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
For many, it is the side mirror causing the whistle. To confirm, drive until you hear the whistle, then press the button to make the side mirror retract. Ford revised the side mirror but unless yours is still under warranty (the side mirror can be $1000 depending on options) you are kind of stuck with it. I've tried tap and insulation into the side view cracks and spaces but no luck.
yup, you are right. Fold the mirrors in and noise goes away. I just bought it used a week ago and bringing it in tomorrow for the window switches recall and something else they need to fix that was broken when I bought it. I’ll take a shot in the dark and mention this to them. Thank you!