Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Part ID Help

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hi all, brand new to the forum. I'm not super forum-savvy, so if this thread belongs in a different place or any other rules of engagement that I'm missing, please let me know. Anyway, I'm trying to get some help with identifying a part on my ST that needs replacing. I've researched and found parts diagrams for the rear wheel well area that shows the liner, but nothing about the rubber flap thing pictured. The DIY spirit in me is compelling me to handle on my own, and the dealership is across town and I'm really trying to avoid a trip out there if at all possible. Any insight would be appreciated. (2021 Explorer ST, and part in question is in the front of the passenger side rear wheel well.)

Thx, Joe

IMG_0186.jpeg IMG_0187.jpeg

OP
I

IdahoJoeST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Hey 2many, I thought that might have been it when I was doing my initial research. I saw a listing on ebay for that part (with photos), and it didn't show the rubber flap piece at the bottom that is the piece currently torn on my ST. I think my next step is to see if I can disassemble the liner enough to get that piece out of there and see if there is a part number on it. What's weird is that it isn't in the parts diagram at all in that link you shared. You would think that is exactly where that part would be? Thank you for looking into it though.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi all, brand new to the forum. I'm not super forum-savvy, so if this thread belongs in a different place or any other rules of engagement that I'm missing, please let me know. Anyway, I'm trying to get some help with identifying a part on my ST that needs replacing. I've researched and found parts diagrams for the rear wheel well area that shows the liner, but nothing about the rubber flap thing pictured. The DIY spirit in me is compelling me to handle on my own, and the dealership is across town and I'm really trying to avoid a trip out there if at all possible. Any insight would be appreciated. (2021 Explorer ST, and part in question is in the front of the passenger side rear wheel well.)

Thx, Joe

View attachment 16655 View attachment 16656
Welcome to the forum and good luck finding the part.

OP
I

IdahoJoeST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Welcome to the forum and good luck finding the part.
Thanks Cajun Heat. I have really enjoyed my Explorer, and happy to connect with some like-minded folks! I'll like my Explorer a lot more, however if I can just ID and fix that dang torn rubber flappy thing. :LOL:

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
OP
I

IdahoJoeST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Hey 2many, I believe that is this part - the optional mud flap/splash guard that installs behind the rear wheel. The mystery flap that is torn on my ST is in front of the rear wheel. Thank you, though, for your continued research! I am really surprised how hard it is to identify this part.

OP
I

IdahoJoeST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
VICTORY! I found it. LB5B-S104C20-A. Not sure if it's ok to link to eBay listings in the forum, but if you search that part number on eBay there are a bunch of used ones listed. One of the listings had a replacement part number (LB5Z-7811398-C) that brings up this part on Ford's parts website. Looks nothing like the actual part, but sometimes those drawings are way off. If that is actually the part, Ford wants $28 for it brand new, but used ones are selling on eBay for +/- $65. [dunno]

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
I saw that part but it looked like it attaches to the wind deflector under the rear of the ST.