Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Palm beach dyno

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Has anyone here ever gotten a tune from palm beach dyno in Boyton Beach, FL? Tune would be running on 93 octane, adjust timing and everything, air fuel mix! If so, how much HP was gained? The tune would be on a stock engine. I have no aftermarket parts.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer St
Recently heard a few good things about PBD however the consensus here is that ZFG is the way to go. I had my mind set on ZFG but after speaking to an owner of a PBD tuned st and seeing his results im now debating again.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I love my PBD 93 tune! I also purchased the other popular tune mentioned in this thread and after 3 months, I went back to the PBD tune and love it even more after trying the other product. The support experience, when needed, has been great with PBD, not so much with the other. The PBD tune also seems to be a lot quicker, I haven't collected data, just perception. My 'mods are relatively vanilla: whipple intercooler (highly recommend), aFe air filter, turbosmart bov. Just my experience, 'your mileage may vary'...

Last edited:
OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #4
Good to know. I will be going to PBD next month. Thanks for your input and help. I can't wait! They have been helpful with all my questions as well

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #6
Hey thanks for that. That's impressive! My mileage is about 10k. I think I will buy the intercooler as well, especially living in FLL!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
After I installed the intercooler, pbd provided an updated tune for $50. Haven't had the opportunity to Dragy again, but it definitely isn't slower :)

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #8
After I installed the intercooler, pbd provided an updated tune for $50. Haven't had the opportunity to Dragy again, but it definitely isn't slower :)
Hey sadeen, I installed the tune from PBD and the intercooler today. I love the tune. It's amazing. So I did my tune about a week before the intercooler and remember you saying you had another update. Did they have to tweak anything after the intercooler install? If so, what did they have you do for logs?