Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Palm Beach Dyno Tune....no sport mode needed

Reactions
Hey folks! Loaded my Palm Beach Dyno Stage 1 93 tune this morning. This tune is 93 octane only.

Shout out to the folks at PBD for putting together a tune that adds power, but retains the drivability for a daily driver! I won’t have access to a Dyno here in Belgium for a few weeks, but my grin and my wife’s “this might get you in trouble“ look are proof enough for me that I made a good choice.

They also sent a 91-93 octane basic performance flash that I’ll try out in the next few days.

I want to mount my nGauge on the left side of the steering wheel, possibly on the A pillar, so my son and I are working on something I can 3D print. I’ll post pics.

Cheers,

barnesy

Reactions
Question to PBD users? Do you still use sport mode or just leave it in Normal?

OP
Barnesy
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Can’t speak for everyone, but after a day using the Stage 1 93 tune in normal mode. I don’t think I’ll be using sport much. I’ll report back in a week or so.

I will miss the red gauges. Might see if I can do something about that using Forscan...

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sport mode throttle sensitivity is whack. But Sport mode definitely has faster shifting. Do tunes improve shifting in normal? I wonder how they improve shifting at all but many claim to do so.

Brian

Reactions
Sport mode throttle sensitivity is whack. But Sport mode definitely has faster shifting. Do tunes improve shifting in normal? I wonder how they improve shifting at all but many claim to do so.
yes pbd tunes the transmission you have to and they are one of the best at it.

Blackssr

Reactions
Can’t speak for everyone, but after a day using the Stage 1 93 tune in normal mode. I don’t think I’ll be using sport much. I’ll report back in a week or so.

I will miss the red gauges. Might see if I can do something about that using Forscan...
Can normal mode be switched to look like sport mode using Forscan? I searched high and low for about a week and found nothing that hints at such a feature exists. I too spoke to Palm Beach Dyno and may do their 93 octane tune.

msota84

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Can normal mode be switched to look like sport mode using Forscan? I searched high and low for about a week and found nothing that hints at such a feature exists. I too spoke to Palm Beach Dyno and may do their 93 octane tune.
If anybody figures that out PLEASE make it a sticky!!!!