Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Painted Mirror Caps, OEMautoart Painted Logos, UPR Vinyl Lettering

F=MA

Reactions
Just in case anyone is thinking of making any of these exterior modifications.... a photo is worth a thousand words. Painted UNBROKEN's old mirror caps Rapid Red BASF Glasurit D4 which were matched to the actual door paint using some sort of new scanner camera setup. You will need a ball end std hexagon allen wrench to get the two screws off to remove and replace. I suggest you magnify the wrench first (two piece magnet with hole in the middle, pass the wrench end through the hole several times which will impart a magnetic charge into the allen wrench) so you don't lose the loose screw in the mirror assembly. Tape the screw onto the allen wrench for the install. The front and rear badge are OEMautoart, painted the same Rapid Red BASF Glasurit D4. The front Oval was installed using UNBROKEN's method without removing the grill. The red rocker molding lettering is from UPR. I was wondering if anyone had installed the red UPR Explorer lettering on the tailgate yet? Please share some photos if so as I have them on hand but sitting on the fence about installing them yet. May be red overkill??

IMG_0731.JPG IMG_0735.JPG IMG_0737.JPG

Last edited:

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looks good! (y)

Reactions
Looks great! :love:

Any close up pics of the UPR red lettering? I have the red vinyl inlays but these look like they will hold up better in the long term.
1626356060781.png

My badging is similar (red and black) but with a different section color scheme.
1626355849654.png

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Here is the UPR lettering on lower driver door.
IMG_0890.JPG IMG_0889.JPG

Reactions
Here is the UPR lettering on lower driver door.
View attachment 6814 View attachment 6815
That second pic sold me. When my vinyl wears away (and I know it will with all the elements that get kicked up in that area) I have a very OEM looking backup. Thanks.