Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Painted Body Molding

KozzyJr

Reactions
Are your badges painted or did you swap them out?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
So my vehicle was hit in a parking lot and , shockingly , they did not leave a note or stick around . Took it to the bodyshop and had it fixed and went ahead and did a few extra things while it was there . Looks way better in person and I like the all white , cleaner look . I will be switching the wheels but here it is for now............

View attachment 5362 View attachment 5363 View attachment 5364
Do you mind sharing which body shop you used for the body matched trim?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
How is everything holding you for you? I haven't been able to find a body shop willing to take on the project after the first fubar'd it.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
How is everything holding you for you? I haven't been able to find a body shop willing to take on the project after the first fubar'd it.
It's actually holding up really well for just being masked off and sprayed on the vehicle . My ST has been in the shop since July from some idiot hitting me in the back and then taking off . I got his plate number since his acceleration speed is that of a three-toed sloth . Problem is that some parts are on back order until Oct.1 . The shop is now taking off the plastic to do it correctly .

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
It's actually holding up really well for just being masked off and sprayed on the vehicle . My ST has been in the shop since July from some idiot hitting me in the back and then taking off . I got his plate number since his acceleration speed is that of a three-toed sloth . Problem is that some parts are on back order until Oct.1 . The shop is now taking off the plastic to do it correctly .
Curious to see how the paint is holding up on the fender trim pieces?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
It's holding up like a champ . I have no chips or cracks .
I really like the way your ST turned out.

Too bad Buddy's is 10.5 hours from me or I'd be checking him out. Do you know what type of prepping they had to so to the plastics around the fender wells to get the paint to stick and flex?

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #31
I really like the way your ST turned out.

Too bad Buddy's is 10.5 hours from me or I'd be checking him out. Do you know what type of prepping they had to so to the plastics around the fender wells to get the paint to stick and flex?
Thank you ! It really changed the look of the vehicle after painting it .

I can ask them when I get a chance . I know they had to do some light sanding to smooth it out for primer and paint .

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thank you ! It really changed the look of the vehicle after painting it .

I can ask them when I get a chance . I know they had to do some light sanding to smooth it out for primer and paint .
I would appreciate that, thank you.

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I love my wheels also but I want to change the look now that it's painted . That and the fact that numerous people are going to this similar style on wheels . Good news for someone is that I am going to go to a 22x10.5 so this whole set will be available for sale soon . I am going to make someone a great deal !

As far as the trim goes , it can be repainted if it starts getting ugly .
What size are those existing wheels? They look great!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Not a fan of the painted trim myself. We have a Star White also and admittedly I was waiting for someone to take the plunge so I could see what the transformation would look like. I like the profile but prefer the contrast on front/rear. To each their own as always. I also like the tips! Tell us more about the hood louvers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but I would like to see the black fenders accented with glossy black to match the grill (maybe a wrap or paint).